Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Howard P Levy has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Howard P Levy has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Dr. Howard P Levy has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 34
I am beyond happy to have finally found Dr. Levy for my primary care provider. He spends a lot of time getting to know each of his patients. He is thorough, and very caring.. I love his office staff. The office manager is always smiling and friendly, the receptionist and nurses are caring and kind. I would recommend Dr Levy to anyone looking for a nice and caring, traditional doctor - no frills --- just to the point which is what most of us seek. I won't go anywhere else.
He has been goo with me. Treated me for a variety of issues including and was right on as confirmed by specialists down the road. I saw him in his Palm Desert office which was a little tough as he was only there 1 day per week. The wait time there was little tough but the reality is that he spends as long as he needs to with his patients and sometimes that backs up the the wait time. A real common sense doctor with a lot of experience in a lot of areas.
I've seen many doctors in yucca valley who have been rude, uncaring, and just dismiss me. I have chronic pain and no diagnosis after 5 years. He has not diagnosed me but he keeps me comfortable while I'm on my medical journey when other doctors accused me of horrible things. I guess cuz I'm young and the problems in the community doctors just assume the worst in people. Dr. Levy has never made me feel the way other docs did. I would highly recommend him
I am new in town and was looking for a good doctor. I had heard good and bad about this doctor. I decided to try him and see. I am so glad I did. His receptionist was kind and helpful and made my appointment easily. She helped me with the paperwork and even put me in touch with the biller who was able to answer my question about my insurance. The nurse was great too. She was friendly from the moment I saw her and as she took my information and listened to my questions. The doctor came in and was very open to me and asked questions about my previous health and doctors. He knew exactly what my condition was and even was able to tell me about previous treatments I had gone through already. He was very experienced and knew what he was talking about. I'm so glad I didn't listen to the negative reports! He is a great doctor and I am so glad I found his office and staff! Thank God for a good doctor that takes good care of his patients. So glad I moved here and found a doctor that can take good care of me.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
44 Years Experience
Chicago College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1974
Dr. Howard P Levy accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
- Aetna Whole Health PrimeCare HMO CA
- Aetna Whole Health PrimeCare OAMC CA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCaring Medicine Diagnostics, 57370 29 Palms Hwy Ste 203, Yucca Valley, CA
Dr. Howard P Levy is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Yucca Valley, CA.