Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Howard M Ross has the following 2 specialties
- Colon & Rectal Surgery
- Rectal Cancer
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Colonic Diseases
- Colon Cancer
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Lung Cancer
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Soft Tissue Cancer (Sarcoma)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 28
Dr Ross was highly recommended to us by another local colorectal surgeon (who was also highly rated) We chose Dr Ross because he has a lot of experience w/ the particular surgery that was needed (not all colorectal surgeons have the extensive amount of experience with this procedure & Dr Ross also teaches this procedure) Great outcome & just a lovely physician/man!
He had little time and was in and out very quickly. He had to be called to be reminded of my surgery and showed up 45 minutes late with no apologies. I couldn't find the problem and was very dismissive but humored me with "I want to get to the bottom of this as much as you do" and referred me to another doctor who was "top in his field". At the time he didn't bother to tell me that field was oncology and his referral was useless because I do not have, nor are they suspecting cancer. He did nothing to help me
I saw Dr. Ross for a surgical consultation I waited over two hours to be seen and felt I was rushed and sent for yet another degrading test. His scheduling staff made arrangements for the test and had me prep for the wrong exam. Second appointment I informed him of this and he had no concern. When he told me that surgery would not help he had suggestions or concern about what I should do next to try to solve my problem.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2015, 2013, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
26 Years Experience
University Of Rochester School Of Medicine And Dentistry
Graduated in 1992
Dr. Howard M Ross accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsTemple University Hospital, 3401 N Broad St, Philadelphia, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Howard M Ross in this video.
Dr. Howard M Ross is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.