Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Howard S Blank
Dr. Howard S Blank, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Farmington Hills, MI, with another office in West Bloomfield, MI. He has 16 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Blank is affiliated with Hutzel Womens Hospital, Beaumont Hospital - Troy and DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital. Dr. Blank has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Howard S Blank has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Howard S Blank has the following 10 expertise
- Metabolic Bone Diseases
- Weight Loss
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
Dr. Howard S Blank has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 30
My Internist diagnosed me with Hashimoto's Disease, and put me on a mild dose of Synthroid while I waited the 4 months to see him. I had an allergic reaction to the Synthroid, which was well documented by the Hospital I saw two days before my appointment date finally came around. I brought all my test results, my blood work, etc., to my appointment thinking I would finally get a specialist to help me. I was instructed to not take my medicine the morning of my visit, and he dismissed everything I tried to explain to him, in fact he walked out of the door while I was still talking. He took his own blood work from me, and said I'd hear from him about my results. They came in the mail, and the letter said, "You can choose to take the medication or not. If you still feel bad, you can contact me in six months" I had to pull a lot of strings, but I did manage to see another Endo within the week who explained that had I continued to take the Synthroid, I could have died, as on the label of the medication, it states "Do not take this medication if you have underlying adrenal issues that are not addressed"(which the new Doctor tested me for and found.) When I questioned the new Doctor about Dr Blank's behavior, he said that even endocrinologists are allowed a certain number of patient mortalities a year" There is no other explanation for it.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Blank is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
16 Years Experience
Chicago Medical School At Rosalind Franklin University Of Medicine & Science
Graduated in 2002
Wayne State University
Dr. Howard S Blank accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Howard S Blank is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Farmington Hills, MI.