Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Howard B Salvay has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Child Birth
- Pap Smear
- Pelvic Exam
- Ovarian Cancer
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Preventive Medicine
- Hot Flashes
- Uterine Cancer
- Birth Control
- Gestational Diabetes
- Inflammation of the Vulva and Vagina (Vulvovaginitis)
- Menstrual Pain
- Hysterectomy (Uterus)
- Nutritional Support
- Ovarian Cysts
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Urinary Incontinence
- Uterine Cervical Dysplasia
- Women's Health
- Postpartum Depression
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
Dr. Salvay is a terrible human being and shouldn't be able to practice on women!!!!! I went in for an emergency D & C procedure after a failed (pill abortion) due to severe pain in side effects and he treated me like I was worthless and as if I was wasting his time. I was given a super-Motrin and ativan to make me feel more comfortable.......but it didn't. I asked the assistant for more pain & sedation relief a half hour later and I was ignored and told that the medicine would kick in soon..... As soon as the doctor came into the room he had the nerve to ask me why my eyes were sunken in & was I depressed ,scared, or crying!...right before the procedure!!! As the Dr. was scraping out my insides and sucked it out with the vacuum I could feel everything ... all the pain!!!!! my legs were literally lifting off the leg rest and I kept saying stop, but the assistants and the doctor said it was almost done. When everything was done I sat there in complete silence and felt so violated and shocked ....... Worst of all Dr. Salvay's demeanor was cruel and he made me feel like all the pain that I was going through, I deserved to be in it. He lied on the medical records and said that I was given sedation and proper pain medication which was not true at all!!!! He should be embarrassed to call himself an actual doctor..... he doesn't help people, he inflicts pain on women and degrades them...... he has the audacity to talk the way he does to women ...it's disgusting and inhumane. Oh and after the procedure was done, all he did was handed me an envelope and said " take these antibiotics and I'm sorry you had such a crappy experience"......... What a great caring professional he is! No one should ever have to go through the emotional and physical anguish and pain that this doctor has put on me!!!!!
I have had complications for over 2 years now. I had my fibroid tumor removed & a partial hysterectomy. I am in constant discomfort, cannot have sex anymore without pain. I have been miserable and he had ZERO interest in seeing me once the surgery was over. Devastated, life drastically ruined by this surgery. Always in pain. I believe he cut a nerve . Maybe that's why he steered clear of wanting to treat me again. I recommend one find a nicer and more compassionate doctor who will work for you and not his own ego. Miserable patient, life went from healthy to partially handicapped.
I find it interesting that people complain about his "bedside manner." What I really like the most about Dr. Salvay is that he just doesn't mince words. He speaks the truth while remaining professional, kind and compassionate. Not only that. He knows what he is doing, and his whole staff is really terrific. He gave me a cancer diagnosis, and while I could just associate him with the "bad news," I would rather just say he is a no-nonsense compassionate Doc. with skill and knowledge. Thanks.
Having a hysterectomy was not an easy decision and I researched high and low for a good surgeon. Come to find out that Dr Salvay, whom I had been to years before for other problems, rated quite well on many websites, and is doing amazing things with robotic surgery! I met with him and knew immediately (after having previously seen other drs) that he was the surgeon for me. He may not be known for his bedside manner but I was very happy that he listened to all my needs. He also was able to see much faster than several other drs I had called, especially since I was bleeding heavily and anemic this was important...other dr's did not care. After having checked my issues out he was able to schedule me for surgery within 2 weeks so I could finally stop the suffering I was in. He was very careful during surgery to do it well and to meet my needs. He is an excellent surgeon and I highly recommend him and Sutter hospital and their robotic surgery center!!
Had a hysterectomy and lost an ovary to an ovarian tumor. Dr Salvay and his team at Sutter Surgery Center skillfully removed the huge mass through my belly-button! The nursing staff was great at managing my pain, and are great at answering any post op concerns over the phone.I was in a lot of pain before surgery, and I'm recovering well:)! He explained my options with empathy and a sense of humor. Highly recommend Dr. Howard Salvay
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
42 Years Experience
University Of California Los Angeles David Geffen School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Uc Davis Medical Center
Dr. Howard B Salvay accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPalo Alto Medical Foundation, 2907 Chanticleer Ave, Santa Cruz, CA
Dr. Howard B Salvay is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Santa Cruz, CA.