Dr. Howard Salvay Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Howard Salvay?

Shouldnt practice on women!!!!

Posted on October 7th, 2015

Dr. Salvay is a terrible human being and shouldn't be able to practice on women!!!!! I went in for an emergency D & C procedure after a failed (pill abortion) due to severe pain in side effects and he treated me like I was worthless and as if I was wasting his time. I was given a super-Motrin and ativan to make me feel more comfortable.......but it didn't. I asked the assistant for more pain & sedation relief a half hour later and I was ignored and told that the medicine would kick in soon..... As soon as the doctor came into the room he had the nerve to ask me why my eyes were sunken in & was I depressed ,scared, or crying!...right before the procedure!!! As the Dr. was scraping out my insides and sucked it out with the vacuum I could feel everything ... all the pain!!!!! my legs were literally lifting off the leg rest and I kept saying stop, but the assistants and the doctor said it was almost done. When everything was done I sat there in complete silence and felt so violated and shocked ....... Worst of all Dr. Salvay's demeanor was cruel and he made me feel like all the pain that I was going through, I deserved to be in it. He lied on the medical records and said that I was given sedation and proper pain medication which was not true at all!!!! He should be embarrassed to call himself an actual doctor..... he doesn't help people, he inflicts pain on women and degrades them...... he has the audacity to talk the way he does to women ...it's disgusting and inhumane. Oh and after the procedure was done, all he did was handed me an envelope and said " take these antibiotics and I'm sorry you had such a crappy experience"......... What a great caring professional he is! No one should ever have to go through the emotional and physical anguish and pain that this doctor has put on me!!!!!

Posted on January 18th, 2015

I have had complications for over 2 years now. I had my fibroid tumor removed & a partial hysterectomy. I am in constant discomfort, cannot have sex anymore without pain. I have been miserable and he had ZERO interest in seeing me once the surgery was over. Devastated, life drastically ruined by this surgery. Always in pain. I believe he cut a nerve . Maybe that's why he steered clear of wanting to treat me again. I recommend one find a nicer and more compassionate doctor who will work for you and not his own ego. Miserable patient, life went from healthy to partially handicapped.

Thank You Dr. Salvay

Posted on April 2nd, 2014

I find it interesting that people complain about his "bedside manner." What I really like the most about Dr. Salvay is that he just doesn't mince words. He speaks the truth while remaining professional, kind and compassionate. Not only that. He knows what he is doing, and his whole staff is really terrific. He gave me a cancer diagnosis, and while I could just associate him with the "bad news," I would rather just say he is a no-nonsense compassionate Doc. with skill and knowledge. Thanks.

Great surgeon!

Posted on April 25th, 2013

Having a hysterectomy was not an easy decision and I researched high and low for a good surgeon. Come to find out that Dr Salvay, whom I had been to years before for other problems, rated quite well on many websites, and is doing amazing things with robotic surgery! I met with him and knew immediately (after having previously seen other drs) that he was the surgeon for me. He may not be known for his bedside manner but I was very happy that he listened to all my needs. He also was able to see much faster than several other drs I had called, especially since I was bleeding heavily and anemic this was important...other dr's did not care. After having checked my issues out he was able to schedule me for surgery within 2 weeks so I could finally stop the suffering I was in. He was very careful during surgery to do it well and to meet my needs. He is an excellent surgeon and I highly recommend him and Sutter hospital and their robotic surgery center!!

Confidant surgeon

Posted on March 5th, 2012

Had a hysterectomy and lost an ovary to an ovarian tumor. Dr Salvay and his team at Sutter Surgery Center skillfully removed the huge mass through my belly-button! The nursing staff was great at managing my pain, and are great at answering any post op concerns over the phone.I was in a lot of pain before surgery, and I'm recovering well:)! He explained my options with empathy and a sense of humor. Highly recommend Dr. Howard Salvay

Posted on November 21st, 2010

Dr Salvay, hands down is the best surgeon around for Gynecology. I had a fairly complex uterine and pelvic prolapse after giving birth to (2) 10 lb babies. He was amazing!! he avoided mesh that I was concerned about (I got 2 opinions). I was feeling pretty well after only 4 days post surgery. He makes you feel secure and he is so confident about his abilities. HIGHLY recommend him. He also delivered my children 20 and 25 years ago!!

Posted on March 19th, 2009