Dr. Howard Schlansky Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Howard Schlansky?

Rn and mother

Posted on June 27th, 2012

Dr. Schlansky had been my child's Doctor for several years. He is a brilliant physician and I trust his diagnosis completely. Being in the medical field myself,I know how each Doctor practices medicine and he's the best. My daughter is now 20 years old.

Wonderful Pediatrician...

Posted on February 3rd, 2012

My oldest has been a patient of Dr. Schlansky's since he was born (he'll be nine in the next couple of weeks). I also have a seven year old daughter who see's him, too. I have never once butted heads with Dr. Schlansky and fully trust the advise and diagnoses' he gives my children. Having had a fair share of problems with both on some slight behavioral issues, I loved the advice that I was given on how to handle those issues. On occasions when I've had to take my children to Urgent Care Centers or other local ER's that aren't affiliated with St. Johns, I hear only wonderful things about the care he provides and the care his father provided (he was a physician also). We have moved out of the St. Charles area, but still make the 30+ minute drive there from Ballwin as I wouldn't think about taking my children any place else. The staff is friendly, always able to accomodate same day sick appointments, and the nurses' line has proven to be extremely helpful. There are well and sick waiting rooms which help keep the healthy check up kids away from some of the sick ones. The office is and always has been kept clean and smells as such. This place and Dr. Schlansky is what good healthcare is all about. I look forward to working with him until my children get too old to be patients.

HORRIBLE DOCTOR

Posted on February 2nd, 2012

I have seen Doctor Schlansky twice in the past month with my 8 month old son. Both times I had made same day appointments, because I suspected a issue with my sons health. BOTH times he sent me home with a less than helpful excuse. BOTH times I ended up in the emergency room with my son the SAME days I had taken him to be seen by Schlansky! He gave me little time and hardly did a check over of my son. The first time we were admitted to the hosptial for 5 days, 4 nights because his white blood cell count was extremly high. All Dr. Schlansky had to do with order some blood work to be done and we would of figured this out while at his doctors office, not 5 hours later in the ER. This time he sent me home because my son had a "stuffed up nose." Well that "stuffed up nose" ended up being RSV and Pneumonia. He sent me home with my son have RSV and PNEUMONIA?!?!? WTH?!?!! I WILL NEVER RETURN TO VISIT SCHLANSKY. I am disgusted in the little intrest he took in looking over my sons issues.

Excellent Doctor, professional office, treats child & parent with respect

Posted on June 17th, 2011

I chose Dr. Schlansky for my two boys when we moved to Missouri in 2007, and have never been disappointed. I always get appointments quickly, and have never waited more than 5 minutes at any appointment. Dr. Schlansky is one of the few remaining "diagnostic" physicians that listens to the patient and exams, and doesn't rely on test results alone. I have been referred to specialists as needed, and all records have always been coordinated. Dr. Schlansky has always treated the boys and I respectfully, and addresses me as an intelligent adult capable of participating in the management of my children's health. He is professional, polite, and prompt with a lot of experience and broad knowledge. He is always current with medical information, proactive, and can explain any treatment. I've lived in multiple states, seen physicians all over, including at the Cleveland Clinic and Rainbow Babies, and Dr. Schlansky is easily one of the best physicians we have ever had. I also feel confident seeing any other physician and the nurse practitioner in the practice. All around a terrific, high quality group.

Posted on April 28th, 2011

I found Dr. Schlansky to be very interesting. He was nice but distant. I felt somewhat intimedated by him. He seemed very serious and didn't talk much.Maybe a bad day. I did feel confident with his diagnosis of my childs illness. I will follow up with the ear infection, but I would prefer him to be a bit friendlier.

Could care less about what is wrong with my child.

Posted on January 28th, 2011

Didn't want to deal with my baby's problem but when i insisted that she be treated he sent me to another Dr. and that Dr. promptly admitted my baby to the hospital for treatment. When Schlansky foud out she had been admitted to the hospital, he called to the nurses station and yelled at me demanding to know why my baby was in the hospital. I advised it was because the specialist he referred me to had admitted her, and then I hung up on him and promptly switched pediatrician's and have not gone to him since.

Great service for 27 years

Posted on June 18th, 2010

I have 4 kids and have been visiting his office for 27 years. I have never had a problem with any of his doctors or him. We rarely have to wait more than a few minutes and he tells you the best way to treat things. He does not jump to drugs right away and that is good. He sold me when he told me that this is what he gave to his own children. I figured if it was good for them it is good for mine. He is generally right on, even if you don't want to take his advise, you probably should.

Posted on July 21st, 2009