Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Howard Schmidt
Dr. Howard Schmidt, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Richmond, VA, with other offices in Richmond, VA and Richmond, VA . He has 29 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Schmidt is affiliated with VCU Health System, VCU Health Center & MCV Hospital and Physicians and Medical College of Virginia Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Howard Schmidt has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Cystic Fibrosis
Showing 3 of 3
Dr. Schmidt followed my CF care while living in Williamsburg VA. The three years he followed me he helped me get my weight the highest, my PFT's the highest they've been in years, and I LOVED GOING TO CLINIC! (Who can honestly say that?) Dr. Schmidt truly cares about his patients and you could feel it. Anytime I thought I had a problem, concern, or even just a simple question I could call the receptionist and tell them to have him call me, and he would. That day. Usually within an hour. He's completely dedicated and has a great approach to his specialty. Overall I would recommend any of the Pediatric doctors in the Asthma, allergy clinic. They rock. Dr. Rueben (the head of the department and pediatric chair) is running a great program. Wait time was always short. Everyone always knew me by name, and was always very friendly. Anytime I didn't feel well, they could tell. I couldn't say anything bad about Dr. Schmidt and his team if I tried.
Dr. Schmidt is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
VCU Health System
VCU Health Center & MCV Hospital and Physicians
Medical College of Virginia Hospital
National Naval Medical Center
29 Years Experience
Virginia Commonwealth University
Graduated in 1984
Dr. Howard Schmidt accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Howard Schmidt in this video.
Dr. Howard Schmidt is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Richmond, VA.