Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Howard T Shaw has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Howard T Shaw has the following 12 expertise
- Women's Health
- Birth Control
- Pap Smear
- Hot Flashes
- Pelvic Exam
- C-Section (Cesarean Section)
- Child Birth
- Menstrual Pain
Dr. Howard T Shaw is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 96
Dr. Shaw saved my and my baby's lives! He suspected I had placenta accreta which can be fatal and difficult to diagnose. You can’t know for sure until delivery but, if I had it, I’d likely hemorrhage. At 8 mos, he scheduled a C-section. A test showed the lungs weren’t developed, but he still admitted me for monitoring. I learned later it was against hospital policy but he fought and admitted me anyway. 12 HOURS LATER, I hemorrhaged! Had I not been in hospital care, we would definitely not be here today. He's a great doctor and a good, kind and personable man. I would recommend him to anyone. FOREVER GRATEFUL!
Dr, Shaw is a great OBGYN doctor, also a very nice person too. I came to him in my third-third-trimaster, with bad experience with my previous Ob and complication from my previous pregnancy. I was very graceful Dr, Shaw willing to help me in that situation. Under his close monitor, My third trimester went smothly and I felt more confident to be a mom. My scheduled C-section also went very well. Dr, Shaw has great techniqu in the operation room (He delivered my babe with charming music:>). In a word, I highly recommend Dr, Shaw. He is a great OBGYN you can trust and bring smiles to Moms.
27 Years Experience
State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
Lenox Hill Hospital
Dr. Howard T Shaw accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Horizon OMNIA
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsHoward T Shaw Md, 115 E 67th St, New York, NY
Dr. Howard T Shaw is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.