Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Howard B Weizman has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Kidney Dialysis (Renal Dialysis)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Kidney Biopsy
- Chronic Renal Disease
Showing 5 of 24
Dr. Weizman is an intelligent, friendly, and caring physician whom I would recommend to anyone. He has excellent diagnostic skills and doesn't waste a lot of his patients' time and money on unnecessary and expensive tests. He possesses the wisdom to take the most direct path to an accurate diagnosis, and has been enormously helpful to me and my family. He is very kind and likable, and above all a superb doctor. It's a shame that even the best doctors' practices get so busy that it's difficult to get prompt appointments or for them to follow up afterward as they once could. I do not blame the doctor for this, but just a severe increase in workload.
I went to Dr. Weizman as recommended by another internist. I was suffering from high blood pressure, even though I was seeing a cardiologist regularly. Dr. Weizman told me he would lower my blood pressure right away and with a common diruretic and he did. I was very pleased. He read the riot act to my cardiologist for ignoring my high blood pressure.
Top Doctors: New York Metro Area (2017)
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area™ are specialists and primary care physicians who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top physicians in the New York Metro Area who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Dr. Weizman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
Tufts University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Mount Sinai Medical Center
Dr. Howard B Weizman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBergen Hypertension & Renal Associates, 44 Godwin Ave Ste 301, Midland Park, NJ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Howard B Weizman in this video.
Dr. Howard B Weizman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Midland Park, NJ.