Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Howard G Wold has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Howard G Wold has the following 17 expertise
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Hepatitis C
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Blood Cancer
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Palliative Care
Dr. Howard G Wold has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 4 of 4
Think twice about using Dr. Wold. Of course there's a good fit for every person but my experience wasn't all that great. He didn't seemed receptive, to say the least, to questions about my cancer, used too few diagnostics to monitor the chemo efficacy. The initial treatment can make ALL the difference in cancer response as tumors are less responsive over time. I feel he wasn't all that concerned about providing any extra time for me or else he could have altered the treatment in response to how the cancer progressed. Metastatic cancer was extensive by the time a scan was done. As far as I can tell his office is like a cancer/medicare mill with a stressed and most likely underpaid staff. If you have a medical problem good luck getting in touch with nursing staff to get help, let alone Dr. Wold himself. You'd need to leave a message during business hours and don't forget the office is closed Fridays.
41 Years Experience
West Virginia University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
United States Army Medical Center
Dr. Howard G Wold accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsHematology Oncology Life Center, 605 Medical Center Dr Ste B, Alexandria, LA
Dr. Howard G Wold is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Alexandria, LA.