Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Huda B Al-Kouatly MD
Dr. Huda B Al-Kouatly, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Philadelphia, PA, with another office in Philadelphia, PA. She has 25 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology, Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine and Pediatrics. She speaks English.
Dr. Huda B Al-Kouatly has 2 locations
833 Chestnut St Ste 300
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Dr. Huda B Al-Kouatly has the following 3 specialties
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
- Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
The main responsibility of a perinatologists, also known as a maternal-fetal medicine specialist, is to treat, monitor and assist pregnant mothers through high-risk pregnancies. This includes high blood pressure, early labor and bleeding. They’re also able to identify birth defects and then recommend necessary treatments to support your baby before he/she is born.
Other reasons you may need to see a perinatologist during your pregnancy include diabetes, problems with a previous pregnancy or carrying twins. Having completed OB-GYN training, they’re experts on the female reproductive system with additional specialized training in un-routine pregnancies. So, whether you know you’re at risk going into your pregnancy or problems arise unexpectedly, perinatologists can help you.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Huda B Al-Kouatly has the following 3 expertise
- Amniocentesis (Amniotic Fluid Test--AFT)
- Hot Flashes
Showing 2 of 2
Self-verified patient of Dr. Huda B Al-Kouatly - Posted on October 17th, 2016
Dr. Al-Kouatly was my doctor for approximately 10 days of bed rest at INOVA Fairfax. She saved my life and the life of my daughter after I was sent home from Manassas with a blood pressure of 185 over 130 at 26 weeks pregnant. My daughter was born via emergency C-Section, weighing 1 lb 11 oz. Because of Dr. Al-Kouatly, she is a wonderful, kind, artistic, healthy almost 12 year old!! I can't say enough about her wonderful manner. We visited her about 4 years ago and she still remembered my daughter's weight, which bed I was assigned, and events leading up to my delivery. Caring, intelligent, competent, top notch!!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Huda B Al-Kouatly - Posted on May 1st, 2015
25 Years Experience
American University Of Beirut
Graduated in 1994
Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Huda B Al-Kouatly Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER2
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- QualCare HMO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Huda B Al-Kouatly, MD - Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine in Philadelphia, PA, in this video.
Dr. Huda B Al-Kouatly is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.