Get the facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done and doctors who perform the procedure.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- IBS Facts about Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Hueylan Chern has the following 2 specialties
- Colon and Rectal Surgery
Colorectal surgeons are doctors who perform surgery in order to correct problems with the anus, rectum or colon. These physicians perform colonoscopies, and other diagnostic procedures, in order to identify any issues that require surgical intervention. They then determine what type of surgical procedure would be best. The specialists also care for these patients post-operation to ensure proper healing and recovery.
Dr. Hueylan Chern has the following 10 expertise
- Abdominal Pain
- Rectal Bleeding
- Colon Cancer
- Rectal Pain
- Bowel Resection
Dr. Hueylan Chern has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Hueylan Chern is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
I was diagnosed with Colorectal cancer about 6 years ago and my GI doctor referred me to Dr. Chern at UCSF. She is very prompt at most appointments and if I had to wait I understood she was seeing other patients. Dr. Chern was very detailed with her suggestions and course of treatment. My treatment was very successful due to her and the others who treated me at UCSF. They are all top notch. Her practice is very busy and she cares about her patients and their outcomes from the treatment. I've seen her on a regular basis for 6 years.
Dr. Chern was the third doctor to speak to my father about his colon cancer and his surgical choices. (This was my father's third 2nd opinion, but the one he felt the most comfortable with.) She is very knowledgeable and has a subtle sense of humor if you listen closely. Her overall manner resonated with my father, and I'm thankful for her ability to answer his questions in a way he understood. (My father was unwilling/unable to hear what the other two doctors had said.) I have been impressed by her and the team at UCSF every step of the way, and have known my father was in the best hands possible. The surgery was successful and I have every reason to believe the post chemo treatment will be just as successful.
I saw Dr. Chern while I was at UCSF for testing. She was called in to consult based on some findings. I found her to be cheerful, confident, and pleasant. I had a second appointment with her, during which I decided not to proceed with surgery she had suggested. She was professional, friendly, and compassionate, and displayed no annoyance or irritation with my decision. Should my condition change, and surgery become necessary, I would not hesitate to return to Dr. Chern for treatment.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
16 Years Experience
University Of Medicine And Dentistry Of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Hueylan Chern accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
Chinese Community Health Plan
- Chinese Community Health Plan
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsUcsf Center For Colorectal Surgery, 2330 Post St Ste 260, San Francisco, CA
Dr. Hueylan Chern is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Francisco, CA.