Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Hugh K Batty has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Hugh K Batty has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Hugh K Batty has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 22
If only his bedside manner were as good as his diagnostic skills. He's crude, he's vulgar, he's a dirty old man who would have not problem making comments on a patient's rear end, and leaves messages with statements like, "If we're going to keep you alive, you better call me!" Who does that?? But, he's smart, and I believe sometimes he really does care. He just does not have social skills worth a hoot. If you have thick skin, he can be entertaining, and helpful.
Dr. Batty is a no nonsense, get to the health issue, doctor. From my many experiences, I perceive him as not wanting to waste your time nor his in accomplishing the mission for the patient's better health. This is who he is. His demeanor can be misleading to those who don't know him, or desire to be courted or pampered by their doctor. Beneath the surface, he is an outstanding and caring physician who I personally want at my bedside during a health crisis. If he doesn't know the answer he will get one or refer you to someone who is better equipped for the situation.
Dr. Batty from my perspective is a "diamond in the rough" type doctor. Can be blunt and to the point which can be interpreted as non-caring - but from my experience his focus is cutting through the fat and getting to the issue of your health and what he and you can do to resolve the problem. Some people desire to be pampered and courted as to their health, others such as myself, don't want to waste the doctors time as well as my own in getting to the issue of why I am there and what needs to be done about it for my good health.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
41 Years Experience
Universidad Central Del Caribe
Graduated in 1977
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsIpc Senior Care Of Colorado, 850 E Harvard Ave Ste 305, Denver, CO
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Hugh K Batty in this video.
Dr. Hugh K Batty is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Denver, CO.