Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Hugh Carlin
Dr. Hugh Carlin, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Bethlehem, PA, with another office in Bethlehem, PA. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Anesthesiology. Dr. Carlin is affiliated with St Luke's University Hospital - Bethlehem Campus, Warren Hospital and St. Luke's Miners Memorial Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Hugh Carlin has the following 1 specialty
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. Hugh Carlin has the following 1 expertise
Dr. Hugh Carlin has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Hugh Carlin is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Carlin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St. Luke's Miners Memorial Hospital
Saint Luke's Hospital - Allentown Campus
St Luke's Quakertown Hospital
Anesthesia Specialists of Bethlehem, PC
37 Years Experience
Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1980
United States Naval Medical Center
Dr. Hugh Carlin accepts the following insurance providers.
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Hugh Carlin in this video.
Dr. Hugh Carlin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bethlehem, PA.