More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Hugh D Allen has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Cardiology
Pediatric cardiologists are pediatricians with additional, specialized, training in the heart health of your children. When infants are born with congenital heart disease or abnormal hearts, pediatric cardiologists get involved as soon as possible — sometimes before the child is even born.
Through specific testing, they can diagnose the problem and care for the child throughout their treatment, which could range from medication to surgery and transplants. Other heart conditions they treat include arrhythmias, heart murmurs, holes in the heart and viral infections that affect blood flow.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Hugh D Allen has the following 29 expertise
- Congenital Heart Disease (Patent Ductus Arteriosus)
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Muscular Dystrophies
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Septal Defects
- Heart Murmurs
- Balloon Angioplasty (Coronary Angioplasty)
- Transposition of Great Vessels
- Aortic Coarctation
- Mitral Valve Insufficiency
- Fetal Diseases
- Aortic Valve Stenosis
- Pathologic Constriction
- Coronary Vessel Anomalies
- Aortic Valve Insufficiency
- Heart Aneurysm
- Ventricular Septal Defects
- Pulmonary Valve Stenosis
- Heart Failure
- Percutaneous Arterial Septic Defect (ASD) Closure
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Heart Valve Diseases
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Coronary Disease
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Heart Catheterization
Dr. Hugh D Allen has 2 board certified specialties
Dr. Hugh D Allen is Board Certified in 2 specialties
Showing 5 of 8
- University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine
Hennepin County Medical Center
Dr. Hugh D Allen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- FirstCare PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- PHCS PPO
Scott and White
- Scott and White PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsTexas Childrens Hospital, 6621 Fannin St, Houston, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Hugh D Allen in this video.
Dr. Hugh D Allen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.