Dr. Hugh Gelabert Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Hugh Gelabert?

The only Doc you'll ever want to see!

Posted on May 7th, 2017

Best doctor I have ever had in my 23 years of life. So caring, understanding, patient, and knowledgeable. I would trust his decisions on any medical advice. Great bedside manner with his surgical patients, (I was one of them), and so helpful as he went and found my parents after my 4 hour surgery and sat down with them to answer any and every question they had. He is never in a rush and give the best care to anyone he sees. He will change your life!

Worse after surgery

Posted on September 22nd, 2015

Dr Gelabert performed rib resection for me and I am worse off for it. Wish I could say better.

Posted on August 26th, 2013

I traveled out of state to have a rib resection performed by Dr. Gelabert. I consulted with numerous surgeons in a 12 month period and concluded that Dr. Gelabert is at the “top of his game.” He clearly and patiently answered my long list of questions and was very solicitous of my physical and emotional well being – a rare attribute these days. He is very thorough, meticulous, and compassionate and he has an excellent bedside manner. He has been exceptionally accessible, always answering my emails directly and quickly, often on the same day. I’m extremely pleased with the result of the surgery. One week post op I was able to do simple chores such as laundry and dishes and I was able to wash and blow dry my hair. I highly recommend Dr. Gelabert for this sensitive operation or any vascular surgery.

Truly one of the very best doctors ever!

Posted on July 6th, 2012

Dr. Gelabert has been my doctor for the past 3 years at UCLA Medical where I have been a patient for more than 30 years. I have very high standards and requirements when it comes to selecting my doctors/specialists and Dr. Gelabert is one of the very finest who meets all of my vascular/medical needs. He's so personable and approachable, and has an excellent bedside manner. He's smart and I consider him to be one of the top vascular surgeons in his field. He's very thorough in his diagnoses, communicates health issues and plans of action very well, and ensures the comfort, safety and welfare of his patients. One could not ask for a better doctor. Just sorry it took me so long to finally find him, and I'm glad I did! Highly recommend with no reservations whatsoever.

Jen F RN

Posted on January 22nd, 2011

I had thoracic outlet surgery by Dr. Gelabert and had great results. He is also one of the nicest surgeons I've ever met!

Posted on May 7th, 2017