Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Hugh A Kennedy has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
- Urologic Emergencies
- Bladder Issues
- Prostate Cancer
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Enlarged Prostate (Prostatic Hyperplasia)
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Kidney Stones
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
I have called multiple times to see the doctor. However, every time I call They make me see the PA Kristen. Who will not let me see the doctor. I made an appointment to see a Urologist not the PA. Every time I go in she tells me that I just need to take Uribil. I've been taking Uribil for 2 years now and no change. Even after you tell her this she ignores your concerns and will not let me speak with the doctor. But they have no problem charging you like you saw the doctor. I am very dissatisfied with the level of service. To this day after 2 years I have yet to meet Dr. Kennedy because his PA refuses to let me see him! Needless to say I've switched Urologists because of this.
Dr. kennedy was the only person who could figure out I had a fistual from my bladder to my intestines.If he did not push for what he knew I had I would not be here today.He is the findest,most compassionate man I have ever know.He is also a very skilled md.Myand now we are trusting him with my husbands life. husband has prostate cancer and we ran to him.I trusted him with my life
Felt he was rushed. He said Should have a biopsy which he wasn't able to do for over two months. Didn't feel it was necessary to repeat blood work . On two occasions after being on hold with office for ten minutes was disconnected . Got second opinion . Along with repeating the bloodwork this Dr. ordered another test. Results had changed drastically . As a result biopsy was cancelled and follow up appointment was made. I am so glad I sought a second opinion.
36 Years Experience
University Of Connecticut School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Clarian Health Partners
Dr. Hugh A Kennedy accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Hugh A Kennedy in this video.
Dr. Hugh A Kennedy is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hartford, CT.