Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Hugh K Leatherman Jr has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
- Prostate Cancer
- Urologic Emergencies
- Kidney Stones
- Bladder Issues
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Kidney Stones (Kidney Calculi)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
I saw Dr. Leatherman for BPH and he recommended TURP surgery. Surgery performed but problem still persisted. Told to wait, it would get better. After a year, saw a different urologist who determined that the TURP was incomplete and I still had a blockage. A proper TURP procedure would have to be redone to correct problem. Do not put your trust in this doctor!!!
Please, please, please avoid this doctor. i had a bad experience with him. he can't even perfectly do a 45 min surgery. it was about removing a hydro-cell. guess what? I'm still having the same problem which costs me a lot of money. he kept asking me to wait and everything will be fine, but nothing change after 1 year of waiting.
37 Years Experience
Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
University Of North Carolina Health System
Dr. Hugh K Leatherman Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- Coventry Carelink - Duke Medicine Tier 1
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & Directions
Dr. Hugh K Leatherman Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Raleigh, NC.