- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Hugh Leavens MD
Dr. Hugh Leavens, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Elk City, OK, with another office in Elk City, OK. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology. Dr. Leavens is affiliated with Great Plains Regional Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Hugh Leavens has 2 locations
1800 W 3rd St
Elk City, OK 73644
Dr. Hugh Leavens has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
Dr. Hugh Leavens has the following 5 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Showing 3 of 3
Self-verified patient of Dr. Hugh Leavens - Posted on December 22nd, 2018
I do not understand these ratings for Dr. Leavens. I have found him to be an excellent physician. He, by the Grace of God saved my life. I started to bleed internally and hospital staff could not track my problem. After a consul with Dr. Leavens met with me in great lengths. He heard me. He understood what I was experiencing. When he performed what I thought was a routine procedure became a life or death situation. I had five incisions in my stomach. It actually looked like someone had used a razor and basically cut me. I was twilight, and after a quick word with my husband, he performed the necessary procedure. To date, all is well. I found him to be kind and patient. One must understand that good quality care sometimes doesn’t come with a price but a will to receive the best service that money cannot pay for.
DO NOT RECOMMEND
Self-verified patient of Dr. Hugh Leavens - Posted on September 2nd, 2013
do not recommend
Self-verified patient of Dr. Hugh Leavens - Posted on December 7th, 2009
Dr. Leavens is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Great Plains Regional Medical Center
31 Years Experience
Stony Brook University
Graduated in 1982
Dr. Hugh Leavens Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Hugh Leavens's office for more information.
1800 W 3rd St Elk City, OK 73644
1800 W 1st St Elk City, OK : (580) 225-1088
Locations & Directions
Dr. Hugh Leavens is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Elk City, OK.