Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Hugh D Mcpherson has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine
Dr. Hugh D Mcpherson has the following 7 expertise
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Wounds and Injuries
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Spinal Fractures
- Spinal Stenosis
Dr. Hugh D Mcpherson has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Hugh D Mcpherson is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
Dr. Hugh McPherson did a fusion on my L4/L5, and decompressions on L3/L4 and L5/S1. I am so thrilled with the results of my surgery. I had put this off for almost 5 years; each year that I went in to see what I could do to reduce my pain, he patiently showed me my x-rays and then my MRI. In the end, I made the decision to go through with the surgery, hoping that I would get some relief. I cannot say enough positive about Dr. McPherson- he listened, explained, and then masterfully completed my surgery. I made a trip to Europe 7 weeks post-op and experienced no pain, even though we walked almost 90 miles in 17 days! I could never have made the trip without the excellent care that I received from Dr. McPherson. I would highly recommend Dr. McPherson and all of Peak Orthopedics & Spine to anyone. Thank you so very much!
Dr Mcpherson is an outstanding surgeon! I had extensive back surgery and I am very pleased with the outcome. There was no pressure from him to do the surgery, in fact he had me do the injections first, but they did not help. My recovery was a little longer than expected, but I would recomend Dr Mcherson to anyone!
Dr.Mcpherson is an excellent surgeon,after 4 failed cervical fusions and multiple other treatments,(from other Dr's,Dr Mcpherson litterally saved my quality of life and felt great results in recovery,sure wish I had found him 13 years ago to "do the job right" instead of suffering so many years,sure I am not 100% and never will be but I am 3 weeks post surgery and have so much relief from his efforts and care,he is a world class Dr.
Went with my adult son who was in extreme pain (9 on a scale of 10) due to herniated discs. Dr. McPherson and his assistant showed no concern at all, gave my son an RX for oral steroids and said they would do the trick. This is after viewing the MRI and x-rays showing the severe extent of my son's herniation. When we got a second opinion, the new doctor said it was unbelievable that any doctor would have come to the conclusion that nothing needed to be done. My son had surgery and is finally able to function. I cannot emphasize the lack of caring that Dr. McPherson showed. It was absolutely appalling.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2014, 2015, 2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2017)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Hugh D Mcpherson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Colorado Front Range
- Anthem CO Blue Priority HMO
- Anthem CO Blue Priority PPO
- Anthem CO HMO
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Rocky Mountain Health
- Rocky Mountain Good Health and Vista HMO PPO
- Rocky Mountain Summit Group
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Hugh D Mcpherson in this video.
Dr. Hugh D Mcpherson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lone Tree, CO.