The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Hugh Sampson Jr
Dr. Hugh Sampson Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY, with other offices in New York, NY and New York, NY . He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatrics and Allergy and Immunology. Dr. Sampson is affiliated with Mt Sinai Hospital and Mount Sinai Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Hugh Sampson Jr has the following 2 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Allergy and Immunology
An allergy & immunology specialist is a physician who is specially trained in matters pertaining to chronic and acute allergies, as well as deficiencies of the immune system. The doctor will determine whether an allergy, which attacks our immune system, is present. They'll also determine the cause, whether it be environmental triggers like trees and pollen, food-borne like peanuts and dairy, the venom of insects like bees, or a medication like penicillin.
In addition to determining the allergen causing an immunological response in a patient, the specialist will treat the symptoms caused by the reaction.
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Atopic Dermatitis
- Bronchial Hyperreactivity
- Clinical Research
- Food Allergy (Hypersensitivity)
- Gastrointestinal Diseases (GI Diseases)
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
- Milk Allergy (Hypersensitivity)
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Peanut Allergy (Hypersensitivity)
- Stomach Flu (Gastroenteritis)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Sampson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Mt Sinai Hospital
Mount Sinai Hospital
38 Years Experience
State University of New York at Buffalo
Graduated in 1975
Dr. Hugh Sampson Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Hugh Sampson Jr in this video.
Dr. Hugh Sampson Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.