Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Hugo R Paulson has the following 2 specialties
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
A dermatopathologist is an expert in both dermatology and pathology. They specialize in diseases related to the skin, but where a dermatologist would examine a potentially-cancerous mole by looking at it, a dermatopathologist would examine your skin cells in a lab, more like a pathologist.
Beyond just skin cancer, dermatopathologists also study a wide range of skin conditions, including everything from warts, moles, spider veins and herpes, to dermatitis, rashes, vitiligo and other conditions related to skin discoloration.
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Skin Cancer
- Acne Rosacea
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 45
he didn't do any kind of check up on me what so ever, he just looked at me and said i'm fine. I went in to check if any of my moles were cancerous or precancerous and the only thing he did was make me feel uncomfortable by getting in my face while he talked to me. Apparently he forgot what personal space was. His reasoning behind not looking for anything was that he has been doing this for a long time and did not need to send out any tests and cancer runs in my family. When i asked why he wouldn't take any of them off to check if there was anything wrong he responded your insurance can cover it if something is wrong or abnormal, i responded by telling him about how the one grew since the last time i got a check up and it gets irritated occasionally and he said there is nothing wrong, but if you would like to have any removed it will be $350 up front and your insurance will not cover it. I asked him, "what if something comes back wrong? do i get my money back?" he looked at his assistant and they said i don't know, maybe some, but probably not. I will never recommend this man for anyone, he has poor social and personal skills and does not know what personal space is, and instead of doing his job he is choosing to make people pay out of pocket even more.
52 Years Experience
University Of Minnesota Medical School
Graduated in 1966
Dr. Hugo R Paulson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HMO Nevada
- Anthem NV Choice PPO
- Anthem NV Pathway PPO
- Anthem NV Pathway X HMO Ind Direct Access
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health Care of Nevada PPO
- First Health PPO
Health Plan of Nevada
- Health Plan of NV HMO My HPN MIPLAN Bien Southern NV
- Health Plan of NV HMO Southern NV
One Health Network
- One Health Network
- Sierra Health Southern Nevada PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLas Vegas Skin And Cancer Clinic, 2650 N Tenaya Way Ste 208, Las Vegas, NV
Dr. Hugo R Paulson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Las Vegas, NV.