Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Hepatitis C Facts about hepatitis C: the signs, symptoms and who is most at risk.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Hugo E Vargas has the following 2 specialties
A hepatologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the liver, gall bladder, pancreas and biliary tree - the path through which bile that is secreted by the liver travels to the duodenum. These organs are responsible for many essential bodily functions, such as production of hormones and enzymes, filtering the blood, detoxifying chemicals, metabolizing drugs, and digesting and processing food.
Common disorders that are treated by hepatologists are cirrhosis of the liver, gallstones, pancreatitis and hepatitis.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Hugo E Vargas has the following 13 expertise
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- Portal Hypertension
- Esophageal and Gastric Varices
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Liver Diseases
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- Liver Cirrhosis
- Liver Transplantation
Dr. Hugo E Vargas has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Hugo Vargas is a straight shooter. He will tell it how it is , but has a big heart and is always looking out for my best interest. I am 27 and I have know him since I was 13. I have Alpha-One Antitrypsin Deficiency (a liver and lung disease) and he is always willing to call me back at any time to clarify and questions I have. Most important is that I never feel rushed in his office.
27 Years Experience
Drexel University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
University Of Utah Health Care
Dr. Hugo E Vargas accepts the following insurance providers.
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMayo Clinic Hospital, 5777 E Mayo Blvd, Phoenix, AZ
Dr. Hugo E Vargas is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Phoenix, AZ.