Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Hullukunte B Shivaprasad
Dr. Hullukunte B Shivaprasad, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Portsmouth, OH, with another office in Hazard, KY. He has 45 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Shivaprasad is affiliated with Our Lady of Bellefonte Hospital, Kings Daughters Medical Center and Central Baptist Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Hullukunte B Shivaprasad has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Unstable Angina
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Diseases
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Failure
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Blood Clot
- Heart Block
- Heart Attack
Showing 5 of 6
Dr. Shivaprasad is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
45 Years Experience
Rajiv Gandhi University Of Health Sciences
Graduated in 1973
Mt Vernon Hospital
Dr. Hullukunte B Shivaprasad accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Hullukunte B Shivaprasad is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Portsmouth, OH.