Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Huma P Ahmed
Dr. Huma P Ahmed, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Columbus, GA, with other offices in Lawrenceville, GA and Columbus, GA . Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Ahmed is affiliated with The Medical Center Navicent Health. She speaks English.
Dr. Huma P Ahmed has 3 locations
Book Online Now
Dr. Huma P Ahmed has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Huma P Ahmed has the following 13 expertise
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Weight Loss
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Patient Care
- Rheumatic Diseases
Showing 5 of 5
Self-verified patient of Dr. Huma P Ahmed - Posted on March 14th, 2018
Dr. Ahmed is great! I'm so grateful for her patience, expertise and kindness.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Huma P Ahmed - Posted on March 19th, 2017
She was rude!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Huma P Ahmed - Posted on January 8th, 2016
I had to wait months to get in to see her and when I did see her, was very disappointed. She seemed to lack compassion and was curt and rude. I have an auto immune arthritis, which she knew I had. When I asked her to fill out the form for a disabled placard, she rudely asked me, "Why didn't you have your primary doctor fill it out? I told her because she is suppose to be treating me for this disease and she can see that my feet and toes are crooked from it. She didn't even listen to me and just blew me off. Her nurse did end up filling out the form but only approved the disabled placard for six months. I have had this disease for almost ten years and the states I lived in before moving here, always approved a permanent placard. Maybe she doesn't understand that I wish I didn't have days where it hurts so much to walk to the car. I have good days and bad days. She didn't care. I now need a renewal for placard and when I called her office, was told they would get back to me.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Huma P Ahmed - Posted on September 23rd, 2014
I went to see this Dr. about my chronic back pain. She did not even look at my back! she felt a few pressure points on my hips ankles and arms, and told me that I do not have Arthritis and there was nothing she could do to help me. I waited for this appointment for over 2 months. Then had to get labs after all this and still havent heard anything about the results. If there is going to be such a long wait time, labs should be drawn month prior so the results can actually be discussed at the Appointment. And when I went to get my labs done, they asked for no type of identification at all!! I could have sent someone in my place......SMH... Felt like a big waist of time with no results.
Unhappy and unimpressed
Self-verified patient of Dr. Huma P Ahmed - Posted on May 18th, 2014
Terrible experience, she kept talking over me without actually hearing me. She nonchalantly blew off complaints from my patient history as unimportant. She was not up to date on the information regarding my problem. I felt no compassion, concern or friendliness from her. I hope my experience was just a rare occurrence but I will not be back. The office staff however are very pleasant and efficient. Dr. Joshi in her same office is absolutely wonderful.
Dr. Ahmed is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Huma P Ahmed Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Huma P Ahmed is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Columbus, GA.