Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Husam T Abed MD
Dr. Husam T Abed has the following 3 specialties
- Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Husam T Abed has the following 19 expertise
- Urinary Incontinence
- Menstrual Pain
- Women's Health
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTI)
- Pelvic Exam
- Child Birth
- Birth Control
- Hot Flashes
- Pap Smear
- Fecal Incontinence
Showing 4 of 4
Self-verified patient of Dr. Husam T Abed - Posted on March 29th, 2019
Self-verified patient of Dr. Husam T Abed - Posted on February 21st, 2019
Dr. Abed was personable however I was charged for every visit to have a pressary inserted. The first two times it was not fitted correctly and fell out. I have been billed for this visits through no fault of my own Today I received a bill from Aurora diagnostics for an HPV scan which I did not ask for I asked merely for a pap smear. I am a 67 year-old woman in a monogamous married relationship for 45 years. I find this out Regis and definitely and insurance scam
A great doctor and even better surgeon.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Husam T Abed - Posted on June 8th, 2017
So glad I found Dr. Abed
Self-verified patient of Dr. Husam T Abed - Posted on April 2nd, 2016
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Husam T Abed Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsHUSAM T ABED MD, 555 Midtowne St NE Ste 450, Grand Rapids, MI
Dr. Husam T Abed is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Grand Rapids, MI.