Dr. Husam Alathari Is this you?

2.9

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Husam Alathari?

Gov't contractor, retired

Posted on September 28th, 2016

Dr. Alathari is a wonderful doctor.  He is very professional, patient, and caring.  He takes time to listen to you and does not rush you out of the office.  He truly wants to help his patients. He provides numerous treatment plan options that will work best for you; always makes sure you understand your treatment plan; and ensures that you agree with the plan decided upon.  His ultimate goal is to be your teammate/coach in reaching your wellness goals.  His staff members are extremely helpful.  They are very courteous and accommodating especially in assisting me with numerous issues; appointments, insurance questions, prescriptions, etc.  I would recommend Dr. Alathari to all.  I feel very fortunate in having him as my doctor.

Posted on November 29th, 2015

The doctor like mony instade of focus on patient helth his stuff are so rude The doctor dont listn to patient plus dont say any thing any advice

Posted on November 4th, 2015

Terrible provider and staff. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PROVIDER

Posted on November 4th, 2015

One of the worst providers in Northern Virginia. Also has terrible staff. AVOID THIS PROVIDER!!!

What a mess

Posted on September 10th, 2012

My first appointment with Dr. Alathari was less than stellar. My 4:45pm appointment turned into a 6:00pm appointment. I ended up having my initial intake questions done a nurse who started the session by asking me "what's wrong with you" and then answering her personal cell phone. I spent about 3-5 minutes with Dr. Alathari thereafter and was placed on a medication similar to the one I was on that was not working for me. Two subsequent appointments after, all with excessive wait-times and a lack of effort on Alathari's part, I managed to switch to a medication that does help with my condition per the suggestion of my therapist. His response to my questions about side effects was a web address written on the back of a business card. I was fairly warned by my therapist that psychiatrists are there to prescribe, not care, but having a rushed, in and out appointment with no information given isn't worth the money/wait time for this guy. Save yourself time (literally) and frustration and head to a different office; it will be worth it.

Saved my life

Posted on May 29th, 2012

Usually people come on these sites because they are bitterthe old adage is A displeased customer/patient will tell as many people as they can and a pleased patient will only tell a few. The very basic truth is that this Doctor is sincere, knowledgeable and wants nothing but to improve his patients lives. I was assigned Dr. Althari when I overdosed and was sent to a crazy-ward after being misdiagnosed as suicidal. He easily deduced that my faculties were in order, that I did not want to harm myself and had me dismissed immediately. The terms of my release did NOT insist I become his patient. I elected to see him privately to get off opiates and go on Suboxone. To my surprise he accepts Medicare and Medicaid! He offers a well rounded treatment program with therapists and group support, everything he can to help his patients triumph over their addictions. It should also be duly noted that Suboxone is not the only treatment plan he offers. You are mistaken if you see him looking for opiates. I once faltered, stopped seeing him and went back to pills. Sometime later I again felt my life slipping out of control so I went back to him. He welcomed me back as his patient because I wanted to get better. All he wants from his patients is to know that they really want his help. Then he and his competent staff will do everything to help you.

the best

Posted on April 30th, 2012

Dr. Alathari is the best addiction Doctor around.

No specialist, by any means!

Posted on May 15th, 2011

Basically, a doctor who couldn't make it as a surgeon so he now sells prescriptions of suboxone to opiate addicts. He is your typical "dress like I have money" doctor who probably went to a second teir school in Iran.

Does not return phone calls

Posted on October 11th, 2009

This doctor specializes in addiction treatment and in the use of suboxone, a medication used to treat opiate addiction.He will see my son, currently on suboxone, at only certain times: 5 or 6 pm on Tuesdays. For the last few weeks my son has been working a new job from which he cannot get the time off to see the doctor on Tuesdays. My son called him 5 times this week and the doctor never returned even one of his phone calls.This is especially a problem because he is the only suboxone doctor in the area approved by our insurance company (Aetna), even though there are many other doctors in this area that are approved for suboxone monitoring.The medication cannot be renewed unless my son sees Dr. Alathari --- leaving him without a doctor or his medication.

Posted on June 21st, 2017