Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Hwaok Kim
Dr. Hwaok Kim, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Rochester, NY. She has 24 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. She speaks English.
Dr. Hwaok Kim has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Hwaok Kim has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Hwaok Kim has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 25
You can never get a sick appointment with her. She always refers to urgent care. I have seen urgent care more than her in the last 4 years. Why have her? Her staff are rude and unorganized. When I went in for my appointment once, her secretary handed me someone elses chart for verification. I could have read the whole thing because she attended to something else. When I started with her as a new patient, the secretary called me back over 5 times because she had to ask Dr. Kim questions. Billing was completely off and I ended up paying the bill because of the back and forth. I even had to call my insurance company because they refused. My husband was dropped as a patient for missing 2 appointments at separate times. He works nights and overslept but called right away to let them know. It was a half hour over the appointment time. They claimed he never called when he did. I was ordered B12 shots and never once did they ask for follow up blood work. I found a friend to give me the shots which was a severe inconvenience because I couldnt go to her office because of work and if I missed an appointment to have them done, id have to find other means. I would call some of my experience with this office unethical and incompetent. We have found another practice. Thank God.
The longest I have every had to wait is 10 minutes which is amazing.She is very thorough. I have a very long list of autoimmune disorders and had a very hard time finding a doctor that would even take me when my old doctor retired. She always does testing before giving new meds. She is also very knowledgable about vitamins and natural health alternatives. I was a little taken off guard when she talked about her religious beliefs but I can overlook that. She is the only doctor that has every called me back herself which I love.
24 Years Experience
Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1994
Strong Memorial Hospital
Dr. Hwaok Kim accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsHwaok Kim Md Pllc, 2735 Buffalo Rd Ste 1, Rochester, NY
Dr. Hwaok Kim is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rochester, NY.