Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Hyder Z Jamal
Dr. Hyder Z Jamal, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Yorba Linda, CA. He has 29 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Jamal is affiliated with St Jude Medical Center and Desert Valley Hospital. Dr. Jamal has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Hyder Z Jamal has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Hyder Z Jamal has the following 10 expertise
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Abdominal Pain
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Dr. Hyder Z Jamal has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 13
Very good care, personable and good communication with patients. Services were very well performed, no discomfort and excellent communication about results, findings.
Dr. Jamal is the worst Dr I have ever met. I suffer and live with the frustration of living with multiple medical problems and disabilities, including emotional and excruciating pain 24/7. I decided I did not feel comfortable having this Dr as my dr, so I left the testing center and decided I was not going back to him. I did not realize that my decision was going cculminate my expulsions from the entire medical group, but it did. This is a Catholic medical group I was told that I could no longer receive medical care from. That Dr and my former primary Dr are not Catholic, but work for the Catholic medical group. I am Catholic and prefer receiving medical care from the Catholic healthcare system. So these doctors I was not able to work with, however, there are over 1500 primary doctors and specialists in the network that I no longer have access too. I have been flagged on their computer system not to schedule any appointments, if I contact any of the doctors in the network. The only way I am going to know whether or not the doctor or specialists in the network, until I contact that individual office and try to make an appointment, only to be told they are not allowed too, because they are part of the network I am not allowed to receive care from. Talk about stress, especially when suffer, live with all of these mmedical, disabilities, pain, sstiffness, numbness and tingling and emotional and there is nothing medical science can do to help mi imizs my excruciating pain. The doctors, medical and administrative staff that dismissed me have no caring or compassion to working with patients. I am a difficult patient in terms of the frustration I live with everyday with all of my health, disabilities, etc, not that I want to be difficult, but it is the way things are with me. I cannot not leave all of my medical problems at the door, accept what I am seeing that specialist or doctor for. These are apart of me.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Jamal is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
Aga Khan Medical College
Graduated in 1989
University Of Missouri Health System
Dr. Hyder Z Jamal accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
Locations & DirectionsSt Jude Heritage Medical Group, 4300 Rose Dr, Yorba Linda, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Hyder Z Jamal in this video.
Dr. Hyder Z Jamal is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Yorba Linda, CA.