Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ian J Alexander has the following 2 specialties
- Foot & Ankle Orthopaedics
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Broken Bones (Bone Fractures)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
Dr. Alexander has done miracles on both of my feet as he had to perform multiple surgeries to fix a previous foot doctors mistakes & bone infection. He is very personal, helpful, explains very well & treats you like a family member. He's a perfectionist in his surgeries which has saved both of my feet allowing me to walk again!
My family Dr. had his Ankle fused by Dr. Alexander back in 1991 and had a great experience so twenty years later when my Ankle required surgery Dr. Alexander was the only choice considered by my family Dr.My experience was equilaly as great, Dr. Alexander and his staff at Ohio State University Medical Center(East)were the best all around, And I whould recommend him to everyone who needs foot or ankle work done. After my surgery he even gave me his home and cell phone numbers so if I needed to talk to him after hours I could reach him " at any time ".
Dr. Alexander is the most caring and understanding and wisest man that we have encountered through our ordeal. He saved my husband's leg. He took very good care of him throughout the 3.5 years that it took to get my husband back on track. Not to mention I have never had a doctor give me his home, office, cell and pager numbers. That is confidence in my book. I only used his cell phone number 1 time and he was right there when I needed him. He was so good at keeping in good contact. When he moved from Akron to Mansfield, we opted to stay with him because he is the best in the country. We are very lucky to have him and are thankful that we do.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Ian J Alexander accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsIan James Alexander Md, 376 W 10th Ave Ste 725, Columbus, OH
Dr. Ian J Alexander is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Columbus, OH.