Dr. Ian F Angel Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Ian F Angel?

Ms Carole Blanton RRT ret

Long wait in office, very uncomfortable. Put in room nurse took some notes, Dr Angel came in. He knew I had FMS and DDD but who he thought I was I have no clue. Haven't seen him in 20yrs and he said I'd lost weight.smh no! He patted me on the back right where I'm hurt and was in the nurses notes. Wouldn't discuss taking off the bone spurs pressing into my spine causing my legs to go numb not able to walk. Laughed when I told him I wanted them removed. Had MRI, never looked at the film, told him about c4 building and lumbat and t10. He then said it was my t7 bothering me. Wow when did t7 get down to your last rib. This wasn't the Dr I knew 20 yrs ago. He's not as old as I am, so what's the excuse with not being able to carry on a conversation without jumping all over the place and saying things making you think he's thinking your someone else. No way is this Dr touching me!!! I gave him to stars only bcuz he came in fast, he left fast too. His "assessment" was a joke. He didn't even touch my leg, just my pants. No response. if he actually hit the points where you have a response to a hammer hitting your knee. No other assessment was made. Didn't want to see my spine. His nurse was better at assessment than he was. Scary. I'll go to Houston! I'll do the lumbar x-ray he ordered why when you have a new MRI. And the t spine x Ray. But that copy will go to Dr in Houston. It was a waste of my time and gas. I hear Dr Silva his partner is much better. If you live in the Golden triangle go to Houston! He wouldn't even do a three level fusion on a friend of mine that couldn't walk. He has his in Houston and when I met him I never knew he'd had surgery till I saw a perfect scar. Great Dr did that. That's when he sat down and told me his story with Dr Angel and the Dr in Houston! His wife will be driving new to see him! Don't use this Dr. If you must have surgery here use Dr lo or Silva. This is not the man I knew twenty yrs ago. Something is wrong IMO. *im not a Dr but do know good ones when I see them, I know my body, and I know after working with a Dr, when they are not themselves. Laughing at a patient when they ask to be helped. What's to laugh about. That why he's there. Frustrated, scared, in shock, mad, upset...can't find enough adjectives to describe how I feel about this visit.

A Good Choice

Had back surgery and everything went great. A family member suggested I see him and I was glad I did.

Good Staff Great Doctor

Highly Recommended

Dr. Angel performed an anterior cervical discectomy on me in the late 90's and recently performed the same surgery on my wife. We thought about going to Houston for surgery, but opted to stay home. My surgery was without incident and my problems resolved with no residual problems. My wife's surgery, though recent, appears to have been equally successful. Dr. Angel does a good job explaining options and is not one to rush into surgery. His staff is efficient and competent. Both my surgery and my wife's surgery, as well as the post operative period were just as explained. I have recommended Dr. Angel to friends and colleagues and give him very high marks. We are lucky to have Dr. Angel in southeast Texas.

Registered Nurse

This man is an angel just as the name applies. I had many problems for years with my neck, arms and one leg. Dr. Angel did surgery on my cervical spine and I am just about perfect now, as perfect as you can be in your sixties. I am doing much better than two friends that went to Houston for the same surgery. I have had No pain since surgery. I have to remind myself to be careful because I feel so well.

ok, so-so