Get the facts about chronic pain, including body parts that are most commonly affected and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ian Butler
Dr. Ian Butler, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Houston, TX. He has 49 years of experience. His specialties include Child Neurology and Neurology. Dr. Butler is affiliated with Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center, University of Texas-M D Anderson Cancer Center and Lyndon B Johnson General Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Ian Butler has the following 2 specialties
- Child Neurology
Pediatric neurologists diagnose neurological conditions in children as young as newborn, all the way up to adolescence. They can recommend treatment for sleep disorders, head injuries and headaches, but they also specialize in issues such as epilepsy, seizures and brain tumors.
Their expertise in childhood development and the nervous system make them an excellent resource for parents of children with autism, cerebral palsy, mental development issues or learning disabilities. You can consult with a pediatric neurologist before, during and after diagnosis depending on your child's specific condition and needs.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease
- Developmental Disorders
- Dwarfism (Achondroplasia)
- Dystonic Disorders
- Mental Retardation
- Metabolic Brain Diseases
- Movement Disorders
- Muscule Diseases
- Parkinson Disease
- Phenylketonurias (PKU)
- Respiratory Syncytial Virus Infections
- Seizure Disorders
- Tourette Syndrome
- Viral Encephalitis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
Dr. Butler was not prepared for my son's visit. After waiting 2 hours he spent less than 15 minutes with us. He obviously had not reviewed his notes from our previous appointment as he started to review old test results, had to leave the room to find the new test results after my reminding him, and had not received other test results that we had scheduled the appointment to review. Then asked us to reschedule in 3 months. We are changing doctors.
Dr. Butler is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Lyndon B Johnson General Hospital
Memorial Hermann Texas Medical Center
MD Anderson Cancer Center
Mhhs Hermann Hospital
49 Years Experience
University Of Adelaide
Graduated in 1964
Dr. Ian Butler accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana Houston HMOx
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUT Physicians Pediatric Neurology, 6410 Fannin St, Houston, TX
Dr. Ian Butler is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.