More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ian D Ferguson has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Dr. Ian D Ferguson accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsYale Pulm Critical Care Sleep Med, 300 Cedar St, New Haven, CT
Dr. Ian D Ferguson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Haven, CT.