Dr. Ian P Grady Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Ian P Grady?

A survivor

In early 2014, I was referred by my gynecologist to see Dr Grady. I made an appt. and went into his office. I wasn't worried because I just had a negative mammogram 4 months earlier. The staff was friendly which put me at ease. He made an appt. for me to have a biopsy in less than a week. I got a call from Dr Grady a couple days later that he wanted to see me. My husband and I went in and he informed me that I had a large growth which was cancerous. As a professional, Dr. Grady ask us to come in to his office so he could talk to us about the results. I've had friends tell me that their Doctors called them at all hours and told them the results which I find cold and impersonal. Dr. Grady told me my options and I decided to have a double mastectomy. The staff had made everything so easy for me. They took care of the insurance, tests, scans and the hospital. One week later I was cancer free. The staff made us feel like we were part of their family. I was in his office so much that he was going to put my name on the door and my own parking space. I can never thank Dr. Grady and his staff for saving my life.

Excellent Experience

I recently came to the North Valley Breast Clinic for my annual mammogram. I have had pain before during mammograms, but not this time. Robin, who did the mammogram was kind and gentle. She explained everything she was going to do and put me at ease. Robin came to discuss my results within 10 minutes. Usually, I have to wait for a letter to arrive. There was a spot on the mammogram. Immediately I had an ultrasound. The spot was a cyst. The doctor came and explained to me that this was nothing to worry about. The whole staff is caring and clearly passionate about the well-being of the women they care for. I wouldn't go anywhere else.

Although the Dr. himself is vey kind and seems professional, let me be the first to tell you his staff IS NOT! At only 31 years old I found a lump in my right breast. I made an apt for myself and Dr. Grady examined it and told me surgery was our best bet and that we cannot biopsy it as it is currently sitting on top of a large vein which poses complications. I made an appt to go over surgery options and was told they would coordinate with Patients Hospital and call me Monday Jan 20th. Well that Monday was a holiday so I waited for them to call me Tuesday. No call Tues or Wednesday by 4 pm. So I followed up and called in. I explained that I had been told they would call me Monday and Tara the surgery coordinator apologized profusely and PROMISED someone would call me by Friday to let me know where we were at and whether they had been able to schedule me a surgery date. Well I waited all day Friday until 4pm and no call. So I once again had to follow up for them and I called only to be told that Tara had left at 1pm for the weekend. At this point I was irate. I let her know of the unprofessional and highly insensitive way that their staff had been treating me and that I felt disregarded after being told that I could possibly have lymphomic cancer in my body. I realize they deal with this kind of thing all the time so they may have lost the ability to empathize with their patients but that this treatment (or lack there of ) was unacceptable. She apologized and said "someone" would call me Monday. Well here we are and not a call as of yet at almost 10 am. I would NOT recommend this office as you will most likely be pushed aside and treated like a dog waiting to be euthanized. I will be seeking treatment somewhere else and will tell everyone I know of the mistreatment I experienced at North Valley Breast Clinic.

Great caring doctor!

Getting a diagnosis of breast cancer was shocking news to me. Dr. Grady and his staff made the process so much better by getting me an appointment right away and treating me with such care all the way through. I am not sure I have met a kinder or more patient doctor. He always answered all my questions-even though I had a lot of them.

Emergency Surgery

Dr Grady and his staff are amazing. This was the best experience that I have ever had, during one of the worst times in my life. I will never forget the kindness that I experienced by all from the Dr himself to the front office staff and his surgery nurse. I would recommend him to anyone! I feel like they go out of their way to accommodate my schedule. I always get the appointment time I want. They have some of the best customer service I have ever seen. Putting their customers first is definitely a priority here and it shows. Every time I come here they always remember me by name and greet me as soon as I walk in the door, even if it's been months since my last appointment. They are so thoughtful and amazingly sweet, I just love this place. Just as a side note, I was very impressed with how conveniently located this business was and how close it was to other shopping centers. It was so easy to find, I didn't have any trouble at all.

My recent visit to the clinic was a great experience. I was seen right away. They have mammography, 3D ultrasound and biopsy sameday if needed. I didn't have to go from doctor to doctor or facility to facility. It was truely a great experience.

Dr. Grady is an EXCELLENT surgeon. He has implanted and removed a chemo port on me as well as removed lymph nodes. He is highly skilled and I trust him completely. He also has ties to Stanford University which helped me get a second opinion on breast cancer treatment. Would highly recommend!

Left me in pain, didn't care

After my surgery, Dr Grady refused to listen when I told him what he repaired had broken again and I had additional complications. He told me "we just need to get you off the pain meds" and "sorry you're hurting" and "gee, that was a real owie" for more than THREE SLEEPLESS MONTHS until I pushed via fax to get into pain management. One exam at the pain management office was all it took to get me a CT Scan ordered, that revealed that what Dr Grady had "fixed" had indeed broken as I'd be trying in vain to tell him for three months or more, and I had an additional complication. His staff was rude. They lied and said he wasn't in the office when I showed up with the CT Scan results ordered from the pain doctor. However, Dr Grady then called me on my cell while I was still in his parking lot and told me to come right back up and he didn't know why they said he wasn't in. Bottom line, Dr Grady didn't believe me, didn't listen to me, left me in pain, expressed no concern about my condition, the suffering, the sleepless nights, the inability to work from it, and until he saw that CT Scan, treated me like I was there for pills rather than complaining about a legit problem with the surgery he did. After seeing that CT Scan, and saying, "Oh I never thought you were here for drugs" (which is a lie) he was giving me his home/cell number, telling me to call anytime. I think he thought I was going to sue, and in hindsight, I wish I had. Maybe he does good work for some people, but for me, it was a life-changing disaster. Bottom line, he humiliated me and left me in agony. He didn't listen, he didn't seek tests or other doctor opinions, and left me in terrible shape. He had his people staple me up, tape over public hair without any shaving, it was a miserable experience. Your mileage may vary. Good luck to you.