Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ian C Herskowitz Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Ian C Herskowitz Jr has the following 16 expertise
- Addison Disease
- Thyroid Diseases
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Pituitary Diseases
- Weight Loss
- Gland Issues
Dr. Ian C Herskowitz Jr has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 36
It was necessary for me to cancel several appointments due to my father dying, my car breaking down, and sick children. Because of needing to cancel these appointments, I was told I was being "dismissed from the practice" after two years of being under Dr. Herskowitz' care. I don't think he is truly concerned with the health of his patients. He barely speaks a word or explains anything during appointments. I would not recommend this doctor.
After seeing Dr. Herskowitz for a few years I have decided to give up. Dr. Herskowitz seems to be knowledgeable, but his staff is horrible. I can never get my lab results. I have to continually call them to find out my results. They never would follow up with me after telling them my concerns. It was always difficult to get an appointment. I would always wait at least 30-45 minutes in the waiting room to be seen even if when usually I was the only one in the waiting room. Then the Dr. would give me usually about 20 minutes of his time. There phones are always left for the operator to answer and you can never get them on the phone. I would call at 9 when they open at 8 and there phones would still be answered by the operator. I would call on my lunch break and leave a message but never get a returned call. If I did get a return call they would say that they never got my results. Then I would have to call the lab which I had the labs done and they would say that they sent them to Dr. Herskowitz office. I would then have to call Dr. Herskowitz office since they never follow up and get the same response. I am a very patient person, but after several years of horrible customer service I have decided to change doctors. I wouldn't recommend this Dr. to anyone. I would of had a much better experience if they would give you a call back when you call them with a concern and not expect the patient to continually call them to try go get an answer.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Ian C Herskowitz Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsUniversity Physicians Endocrinology, 1303 Dantignac St Ste 1200, Augusta, GA
Dr. Ian C Herskowitz Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Augusta, GA.