Dr. Ian Herskowitz Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Ian Herskowitz?

Posted on December 8th, 2016

It was necessary for me to cancel several appointments due to my father dying, my car breaking down, and sick children. Because of needing to cancel these appointments, I was told I was being "dismissed from the practice" after two years of being under Dr. Herskowitz' care. I don't think he is truly concerned with the health of his patients. He barely speaks a word or explains anything during appointments. I would not recommend this doctor.

Posted on March 22nd, 2016

Excellent physician. very caring and takes time to explain condition. One of the best endocrinologists in the U.S.

Posted on March 8th, 2016

After seeing Dr. Herskowitz for a few years I have decided to give up. Dr. Herskowitz seems to be knowledgeable, but his staff is horrible. I can never get my lab results. I have to continually call them to find out my results. They never would follow up with me after telling them my concerns. It was always difficult to get an appointment. I would always wait at least 30-45 minutes in the waiting room to be seen even if when usually I was the only one in the waiting room. Then the Dr. would give me usually about 20 minutes of his time. There phones are always left for the operator to answer and you can never get them on the phone. I would call at 9 when they open at 8 and there phones would still be answered by the operator. I would call on my lunch break and leave a message but never get a returned call. If I did get a return call they would say that they never got my results. Then I would have to call the lab which I had the labs done and they would say that they sent them to Dr. Herskowitz office. I would then have to call Dr. Herskowitz office since they never follow up and get the same response. I am a very patient person, but after several years of horrible customer service I have decided to change doctors. I wouldn't recommend this Dr. to anyone. I would of had a much better experience if they would give you a call back when you call them with a concern and not expect the patient to continually call them to try go get an answer.

Posted on February 29th, 2012

I really enjoyed talking with this doctor. I have been diagnoised with diabetes x1 year. I love the fact that he actually puts his hands on me to assess any problems.

I love Dr. Herskowitz

Posted on December 9th, 2010

I've been to several doctors concerning my diabetes. Dr. Herskowitz was the ONLY doctor who took charge and has made a hugh difference in my life! I never wait for him long and he always spends enough time with me that I don't feel rushed. I could not ask for a better or caring doctor!

Terrible bedside manner...very rude!

Posted on April 9th, 2010

I would NEVER visit his office again. He had me in tears, accusing me of 'dr shopping' and telling me I was looking for something that wasn't there. After verbally humiliating me, he checked my thyroid and found nodules, scheduled an ultrasound and found a solid nodule requiring a biopsy. I did not go back (my nodule was benign) and have traveled over 2 hours to get a new endo. All the endos in augusta meet and discuss their patients and I am sure I was a problem patient to them because I am not giving up on my recovery. If they are not going to help and only humiliate me I will continue my search. Just because they have a degree, doesn't mean they are perfect. I have found he dismissed me and actually told me my throat would not hurt because of my thyroid, only to tell me after finding the nodules and enlargement that I WOULD experience pain. UGH!

Posted on June 5th, 2017