Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ian E Krop
Dr. Ian E Krop, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Boston, MA. He has 22 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology. Dr. Krop is affiliated with Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital - Plymouth, Falmouth Hospital and Cape Cod Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Ian E Krop has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Cancerous Tumor
- Developmental Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
If it would be possible to add stars to this rating, there would not be enough space for the stars we would place here. Dr. Krop is brilliant, caring, compassionate, and offers the patient hope through sound medical science and care and extraordinary humanity. His bedside, or in the case of my wife's visit, his chair side manner is that of a caring and compassionate friend. After putting a very nervous patient to ease Dr. Krop took his time examining and explaining all of the options that were available to my wife and I. With other doctors one might be hesitant to broach a question for fear of sounding something less than intelligent, Dr. Krop encouraged us to ask anything we had on our minds. He was generous both with his time and expertise. Facing Cancer is so terrible. Having to face Cancer without having Dr. Krop on our side would be beyond my ability to express. Than you Dr. Krop.
Dr. Krop is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Brigham & Womens Hospital
Dr. Ian E Krop accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Multiplan PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDana-Farber Cancer Institute, 44 Binney St, Boston, MA
Dr. Ian E Krop is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Boston, MA.