Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Ian B Lawson
Dr. Ian B Lawson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Tacoma, WA, with other offices in Gig Harbor, WA and Tacoma, WA . His specialties include Surgery of the Hand and Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Lawson is affiliated with Mary Bridge Children's Hospital & Health Center and St Joseph Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Ian B Lawson has the following 2 specialties
- Surgery of the Hand
Hand surgeons are certified surgeons who are also experts in the function and structure of your wrists, hands and forearms. This allows them to treat arthritis, carpal tunnel, trigger finger and tennis elbow, most of which tend to result from repetitive and excessive use of the corresponding joints, muscles, tendons and ligaments.
Hand surgeons also commonly work with patients who have fractures or broken bones from any kind of accident. If you're experiencing any kind of general pain in your hand, wrist or forearm that isn’t going away, a hand surgeon is probably your best resource.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Ian B Lawson has the following 4 expertise
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Dr. Ian B Lawson has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Ian B Lawson is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 30
Thought I'd have to have appt, after appt. to get trigger finger resolved. First visit: done. I hope. Dr. Lawson's staff is very friendly and efficient. Dr. Lawson is confident yet friendly, and does not waste your time! Gets right to it and no messing around. Very much appreciated. Will definitely recommend.
Dr. Lawson performed trigger finger surgery two years ago. The entire experience was very pleasant. He cared about what I had to say, keeping the costs down, and getting the surgery performed as quickly as my schedule would allow. I am now seeing him for carpal tunnel syndrome surgery. It's good to know he is a doctor I can trust w/his knowledge and skills.
Dr. Lawson's office forced me to schedule an appointment in order to get him to sign a form to show that I was still under his care during a specific period of time so I could maintain my medical insurance coverage while off from work. I gave them the form at a previous appointment, and they lost it. At the appointment, they did nothing but sign the form and sent me a bill for over $600. Over $600 to sign a piece of paper that should have been signed months before. I would never recommend anybody to go to this doctor!
Dr. Lawson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Ian B Lawson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Access PPO
- Omni PPO
- Options Federal
- Options PPO
- Overlake Employees
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
- Premera MultiCare Connected Care
- Premera VA Mason Med Center: Personal Care
Regence Health Plans
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Ian B Lawson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tacoma, WA.