Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ian R Carroll
Dr. Ian R Carroll, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Redwood City, CA. He has 20 years of experience. His specialties include Pain Medicine and Anesthesiology. Dr. Carroll is affiliated with Lucile Packard Childrens Hospital. Dr. Carroll has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Ian R Carroll has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Acute Pain
- Cancer Pain
- Chronic Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
Carroll is one of the best doctors I have seen, and I've seen plenty. I was misdiagnosed for nearly a year and a half by doctors (including four at major teaching hospitals) and could not walk without pain when I saw Dr. Carroll. He figured out the problem, figured out the right medication AND never seemed to forget I was a person, not simply a medical case. Smart guy, very good manner with patients. I'm able to run now. No pain.
He spent much more time with me thinking about my problem and really talking to me about my problem than other doctors have. I do agree with the other review in the sense that he is not one for a quick vicidin prescription. But my pain wasn't going away with vicidin anymore anyway. I think he is a good person to see when you really are looking for a different way. Worked well for me maybe not for others.
Dr. Carroll is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons
Graduated in 1998
Stanford University School Of Medicine
Dr. Ian R Carroll accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsStanford Medicine Outpatient Center, 450 Broadway St, Redwood City, CA
Dr. Ian R Carroll is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Redwood City, CA.