Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ian L Steele has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Hepatitis C
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Celiac Disease
Showing 5 of 16
He was totally intimidated by the fact that I had taken control of my health. I use a number of supplements to great effect and have studied such things for decades and am careful and good at what I do. He TOTALLY freaked out that I was taking anything not prescribed by a doctor...even though he offered NO solutions or assistance for my issues. More experienced doctors at least accept such things, a few actually realize the benefit. Not this doctor...he is simply ruled by his fear of the unknown...even though so much is known/studied at this point. I went elsewhere.
If I could give zero stars I would. First, you can't every get an appointment when you have a problem, even as an established patient. When I decided to look around for another MD because I wanted a woman, he found out (not that I was hiding anything) and dropped me from his practice! I am an advocate for my own health, and do not feel he values that or my involvement in my own care. He may seem nice in person, but don't be misled. By the way, I am also a nurse in the community and am appalled at his actions.
Dr Steele's staff was horrible, it took them 4 times to get the prescription right, but please be warned - his personal assistant ROY is very rude and unprofessional, if you have to go to GI - choose a different doctor, because if you need a follow-up you have to deal with his staff, not the doctor :( himself.
Dr. Steele is probably one of the nicest doctors I have ever seen. Wait time at his office was low. He took time to listen to me and explain things in laymans terms. Got me in for procedures quickly and even used a bowel prep that was easier than the horrible tasting stuff that I had to use in the past. My doctor told me to see him, because he was her doctor as well.
18 Years Experience
University Of Miami Leonard M Miller School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Ian L Steele accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMelbourne Internal Medicine Associates, 1223 Gateway Dr, Melbourne, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ian L Steele in this video.
Dr. Ian L Steele is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Melbourne, FL.