Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ian L Tong
Dr. Ian L Tong, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Francisco, CA, with another office in Palo Alto, CA. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Tong is affiliated with El Camino Hospital Mountain View Campus and Mills-Peninsula Medical Center. Dr. Tong has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Ian L Tong has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Ian L Tong has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Ian L Tong has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Tong always seems to put his patients first. He has excellent bedside manner, is easy to talk to, and very approachable on simply any matter. He is laid back, and yet exudes and air total professionalism. He will do as much as is required to make sure proper follow-up is done an most medical matters. He also teachers at Stanford Medical School -- he noticeably enjoys his work there, and I've personally seen his students simply light up when he walks into a room. That must mean something about him. He also, I've read, is dedicated to seeing that underprivileged patients get good and viable medical care at little or no charge. Dr. Tong is not only a good doctor but he apparently is a real humanitarian as well. I see him regularly through the Palo Alto VA; someday if he leaves that facility, I will be one among many, I'm sure, to miss him and his quality of total care.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Tong is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- University Of Chicago Division Of The Biological Sciences The Pritzker School Of Medicine
Dr. Ian L Tong accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Ian L Tong is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Francisco, CA.