Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Iftequar U Ahmed has the following 2 specialties
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Iftequar U Ahmed has the following 9 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
- EOL Care
- Cognitive Issues/Testing
- Urinary Incontinence
Showing 3 of 13
I would strongly recommend against going to see Dr. Ahmed. My first appointment with her was this week at 1 pm. At 2 pm I checked in with the front desk and they said it would be approximately another 45 minutes before I would be seen and made no apologies. I was told I could reschedule if I needed to. Although she only spent a total of 10 minutes with me, Dr. Ahmed proceeded to tell me that all of my problems were secondary to depression, including memory loss due to ECT. I let her know that I was previous prescribed an Alzheimer's medication that is prescribed off label for persons with memory loss due to ECT and she said, "You don't have no Alzheimer's". When her intern asked me what I did for a living, I let her know that I'm a psychologist and work 55-60 hours a week. Dr. Ahmed then asked, "You actually work and have a child? Doesn't your mom help you? (my mom was a previous patient)". She was insensitive and her bedside manner was awful. Furthermore, she acted as if I was doctor shopping or an addict when I asked for a prescription for Adderall which I have been prescribed for 13 years. I will not be going back.
My parents were long-time patients of Dr. Ahmed and received tremendous, compassionate care. She takes the time with patients that they need, thus there is a bit of a wait...BUT WELL WORTH IT. I am eternally grateful for the care she provided my parents which enabled them to live long lives.....but never long enough.....
HORRIBLE experience with this practice and with Dr. Ahmed! My husband was bitten by a tick (actually had a worrisome "bullseye" rash), plus really needed a physical, which is almost impossible to fit in with his crazy work schedule. This was his very first time to this practice and had to wait OVER 2 (that's TWO) HOURS to even be taken back into the exam room (where he then continued to wait for awhile longer). The reception staff, and Dr. Ahmed were completely unapologetic about their blatant disrespect for their patient's time. Not even one "sorry" was uttered. Dr. Ahmed had a lousy bedside manner plus the office was old, outdated and doesn't even have a voice mail system for any staff. I can say nothing positive about this outdated, out of touch and rude practice.
37 Years Experience
Gandhi Medical College
Graduated in 1981
Dr. Iftequar U Ahmed accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCAPITAL INTERNAL MEDICINE, 3225 Blue Ridge Rd Ste 113, Raleigh, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Iftequar U Ahmed, MD - Geriatric Medicine in Raleigh, NC, in this video.
Dr. Iftequar U Ahmed is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Raleigh, NC.