Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ignacio M Carrillo-Nunez
Dr. Ignacio M Carrillo-Nunez, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Temecula, CA, with another office in Santa Ana, CA. His specialties include Vascular Neurology, Neurology and Psychiatry. Dr. Carrillo-Nunez is affiliated with Uc Irvine Medical Center, Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center and South Coast Global Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Ignacio M Carrillo-Nunez has the following 3 specialties
- Vascular Neurology
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Ignacio M Carrillo-Nunez has the following 9 expertise
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Migraine Disorder
- Migraine Disorders
Dr. Ignacio M Carrillo-Nunez has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Ignacio M Carrillo-Nunez is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
My son suffers from a seizure disorder. My son had his first visit with Dr. Nunez today at UC San Diego Health. There was no wait in the office. He was seen right away. Dr. Nunez asked for his complete medical history. He listened to everything I had to say and he asked numerous questions regarding my sons health and he also answered all of my questions. He did not rush us out of there. The office staff was helpful also.
I went to the Temecula location to see a neurologist after minor findings in several MRI's. My condition is not serious and I did not expect much, but I wanted to meet with a professional who could talk to me about the condition and explain why or why not I should be concerned. He walked in and sat down, he looked at his computer while he mumbled his name, no eye contact, or even looking in my direction for that matter.. From the start he seemed like he did not want to be there. He suggested I do an MRI with contrast. I told him I did and then he finally reviewed the notes and saw that I was correct. He basically said your condition doesn't mean anything. He is the neurologist so he has the knowledge of why it does not mean anything yet he would not discuss the topic with me. He completely downplayed any hint of concern I had. He brought up unrelated issues that he saw in my notes (sensitive past health issues) as if he was trying to shift the focus of the meeting or take a jab at me. I just wanted to be treated like a human and have a person to person conversation and learn from the EXPERT. Instead I got a doctor who made me feel bad and like I was wasting his time. He should work in a lab, NOT WITH PATIENTS.
Yes there was a slight wait time but know when it's your turn he will be all ears. He really listens and clearly explains his recommendations. There were 5 people in the office and each understood there disease better and were hopeful when they left. I left there fully trusting his experience and he keeps his eye on the latest research on multiple sclerosis. Wonderful to find a specialist that cares about you and doesn't rush the visit. A million times over ....he is worth the wait. Staff is A+ too.
Late to all appointments. Hard to understand, is not a specialist in MS.
Dr. Carrillo-Nunez is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- Universidad De Guadalajara
Lac Usc Medical Center
Dr. Ignacio M Carrillo-Nunez accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Humana Choice POS
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Ignacio M Carrillo-Nunez is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Temecula, CA.