Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Iheanyichukwu Aja-Onu
Dr. Iheanyichukwu Aja-Onu, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Elmont, NY. He has 17 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Aja-Onu is affiliated with Long Island Jewish Valley Stream, Peninsula Hospital Center and Franklin Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Iheanyichukwu Aja-Onu has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
I am impressed with the superlative treatment I received from Dr. Aja Onu. He is extremely knowledgeable and dedicated. His staff is courteous which promotes a positive atmosphere. I can honestly say that it's wonderful to have a doctor who cares about his patients and well-being. I would highly recommend Dr. Aja Onu. He is the best!
Horrible disposition! Obnoxious know-it-all type. Does not listen or answer questions without having to literally tell him excuse me, I'd like my concerns addressed. Then he grunts & rolls eyes & talks so fast with his thick accent I can't understand anything he says. I ask him to please slow down to write the names of diseases and he does it even faster a jerk. I have not a court if he is truly good cause I walked out and would never go to a doctor like that again. No class, no bedside manner, no compassion. Just arrogance
Dr. Aja-Onu is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Long Island Jewish Valley Stream
Peninsula Hospital Center
St Johns Episc Hsp Southshore
Mercy Medical Center
South Nassau Communities Hospital
St John's Episcopal Hospital
17 Years Experience
University Of Nigeria
Graduated in 1996
Dr. Iheanyichukwu Aja-Onu accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsIheanyichukwu Aja-Onu MD, 716 Marick Ct, Elmont, NY
Dr. Iheanyichukwu Aja-Onu is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Elmont, NY.