Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ijaz Mahmood
Dr. Ijaz Mahmood, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Elizabethtown, KY, with other offices in Clarksville, IN and Louisville, KY . He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Medical Oncology, Hematology & Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Mahmood has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Ijaz Mahmood has the following 3 specialties
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Hepatitis C
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 35
He is one of the BEST doctors I have EVER been to! I will never leave him. He is one of the few doctors that takes me seriously about being in pain and doesn't treat me like a pill seeker. His Office Manger has help me enroll in pharmacy programs to help me get my medication covered that my insurance either does not cover or that are too high for me to afford even after they pay their part. I truly cannot say enough good things about how much everyone in this office will go out of their way help their patients! When you are sick, you can even get in most of the times SAME DAY and if not same day, the very next day - truly ONE OF A KIND - BEST AROUND!
Dr Mahmoud has to be THE worst dr ever. He doesn't listen to what the patient says. All he does is walk in the exam room and walks out 2 to 3 minutes later. Catherine tells him what to do and what prescriptions to write. She is so very rude and is the biggest lier. She lies to the dr and patients. If you want to live then go to another dr and completely avoid him. If you want to die sooner than you are supposed to then go to him.
Mahmood is good at what he does but he needs new STAFF especially billing staff and reception. The one that does the billing doubled billed me a year ago and now the insurance is trying to take it from me. Catherine is rude and tries to avoid people and says she isn't there even when you are standing there looking at her. So now I am tired of messing with her have been for a year and a half so I am sueing
33 Years Experience
King Edward Medical University
Graduated in 1985
University Of Iowa Hospitals And Clinics
Dr. Ijaz Mahmood accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ijaz Mahmood in this video.
Dr. Ijaz Mahmood is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Elizabethtown, KY.