The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ilan D Avin has 4 locations
1718 E 4th St Ste 105
Charlotte, NC 28204
2104 Randolph Rd
Charlotte, NC 28207
1450 Matthews Township Pkwy # 3
Matthews, NC 28105
Book Online Now
Dr. Ilan D Avin has the following 2 specialties
- Surgical Oncology
Surgical oncologists play various roles in treating cancer. They can perform biopsies to determine if a tumor is cancerous or not. If it is, they’re trained to remove the tumor, tissue, and in some cases, all or part of an organ or bodily structure where the cancer has spread. In addition to removing cancer, they can perform any reconstructive surgeries that may be necessary.
Many surgical oncologists specialize in certain types of cancer, such as liver, lung or breast. Don’t be afraid to ask them what they have the most experience treating. When looking for a doctor, it’s important to know that general surgeons are also qualified to perform many of the same surgeries. However, surgical oncologists have specific training in recognizing and treating cancer, which some patients prefer.
Dr. Ilan D Avin has the following 1 expertise
Showing 3 of 3
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ilan D Avin - Posted on January 7th, 2014
Dr. Avin performed colon surgery on my earlier this year. The surgery went well and Dr. Avin checked me every day I was in hospital. He always kept my family updated on my progress and his bedside manner was excellent. He answered questions we had in terms we could understand. Dr. Avin is an excellent doctor and I highly recommend him.
BEST Doctor EVER!!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ilan D Avin - Posted on June 13th, 2012
Our family Loves Dr. Avin!!My Mom had Melanoma he was extremely aggressive with the disease and he saved my Mom's Life! We so trust him! her poor leg looks terrible but we know it had to be done. My mom gets a little nervous but He is always kind and respectful to her. We thank you Dr. Avin and our hearts are full of gratitude! Our family Highly recommends him!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ilan D Avin - Posted on May 23rd, 2012
15 Years Experience
Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2003
Dr. Ilan D Avin Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana North Carolina PPOx
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ilan D Avin, MD - Surgery in Charlotte, NC, in this video.
Dr. Ilan D Avin is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Charlotte, NC.