Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it. ttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ilan D Avin has the following 2 specialties
- Surgical Oncology
Surgical oncologists play various roles in treating cancer. They can perform biopsies to determine if a tumor is cancerous or not. If it is, they’re trained to remove the tumor, tissue, and in some cases, all or part of an organ or bodily structure where the cancer has spread. In addition to removing cancer, they can perform any reconstructive surgeries that may be necessary.
Many surgical oncologists specialize in certain types of cancer, such as liver, lung or breast. Don’t be afraid to ask them what they have the most experience treating. When looking for a doctor, it’s important to know that general surgeons are also qualified to perform many of the same surgeries. However, surgical oncologists have specific training in recognizing and treating cancer, which some patients prefer.
Dr. Ilan D Avin has the following 1 expertise
Dr. Ilan D Avin has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 11
Dr. Avin performed colon surgery on my earlier this year. The surgery went well and Dr. Avin checked me every day I was in hospital. He always kept my family updated on my progress and his bedside manner was excellent. He answered questions we had in terms we could understand. Dr. Avin is an excellent doctor and I highly recommend him.
Our family Loves Dr. Avin!!My Mom had Melanoma he was extremely aggressive with the disease and he saved my Mom's Life! We so trust him! her poor leg looks terrible but we know it had to be done. My mom gets a little nervous but He is always kind and respectful to her. We thank you Dr. Avin and our hearts are full of gratitude! Our family Highly recommends him!
15 Years Experience
Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2003
Dr. Ilan D Avin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana North Carolina PPOx
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCarolina Surgical Clinic, 2104 Randolph Rd, Charlotte, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ilan D Avin in this video.
Dr. Ilan D Avin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Charlotte, NC.