Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Ildiko Kovacs
Ildiko Kovacs, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Diego, CA, with other offices in San Diego, CA and La Jolla, CA . She has 25 years of experience. Her specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. Ildiko Kovacs is affiliated with UC San Diego Medical Center, Scripps Mercy Hospital San Diego and Sharp Coronado Hospital and. She speaks Hungarian.
Ildiko Kovacs has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Ildiko Kovacs has the following 18 expertise
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Anxiety Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bereavement/Traumatic Grief
- Bipolar Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Depressive Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Ildiko Kovacs has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Ildiko Kovacs is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
In his opinion and mine, the worst psychiatrist my husband has seen in years, possibly the worst one ever. His perception: arrogant, uncaring, and gives medical advice she is unqualified to give. Long wait times, frequent cancellations (and then no appointment openings for 6 weeks after she cancels). Will not refill prescriptions when requested; makes patients wait until the next appointment. It seems like she is always running late; she doesn't apologize for it, of course.She actually tried to tell my husband that she thought he was on too many pain medications - when his pain medications are being managed by THE top expert in the field in the entire region! She didn't even have the decency to back down when my husband told her who managed his pain meds. You've heard the old joke about some physicians who think M.D. stands for "Medical Deity"? Uh-huh.If you have family members you hate or co-workers you can't stand, send them to this woman. Otherwise, I would run the other direction. In my opinion, even a psychiatry resident would be preferable. My husband got stuck with her right now as she is "consulting" at his primary medical clinic; our hope is that they will get enough complaints to kick her to the curb.
Kovacs is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Scripps Mercy Hospital San Diego
Sharp Coronado Hospital and
25 Years Experience
Graduated in 1988
Saint Louis University
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Ildiko Kovacs is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.