Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ileana M Pat has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Addison Disease
- Gland Issues
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Cushing Disease
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
Dr. Pat has horrible bedside manners. Hands down the worst doctor visit experience I have ever had. She was completely scatterbrained and confused which even further concerned me about my condition. She is not organized nor personable at all. When I called to ask about my results, she advised me to "continue the same dose of my medication"......Um? I hadn't been on medication for 4 months per HER REQUEST. So sad. I did not feel she truly cared and she was not on top of my health as a doctor should be. Do not waste your time - find a better doctor who actually can keep up.
I wasn't impressed when I met with Dr. Pat in any way. I found her to be unprofessional, uncaring and didn't listen to me when I was talking to her. I've had PCOS since I was a teenager and so far (I'm in my 40's now) I haven't been able to find a doctor that is able or willing to treat me. Birth control pills and diabetic medications have been the methods of treatment that every doctor wants to toss at me saying this is the solution, so far these methods haven't been successful and I have no want to "try" them again. Dr. Pat is the 12 doctor I've seen over the years in hopes of actually getting some help to treat the symptoms. I have the typical acne on the body, male pattern hair growth on the chin, upper lip, eyebrows, hair on my toes and fingers and other areas with thinning hair on my head. Uncontroled weight gain in the mid section of the body.I spent my appointment time with her telling me about her own life, other patients she sees being insulted, telling me I don't have PCOS in her opinion and I have a weight problem because I don't eat enough?!?!?!?!?! Over the years I've adapted to a very low fat healthy diet because of the weight problem.Dr. Pat requested many blood tests drawn, had to take time off of work for some of these tests. I was told that the test results do not show that there is anything "out of range" so I don't actually have PCOS or the other concerns I have and can be easily seen. Now I have bills to pay for her visit and tests to pay for. There wasn't treatment or help but I still need to pay a lot of money for nothing. this doesn't seem right!
University Of Missouri Health System
Dr. Ileana M Pat accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
LA Care Health
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsValley Cardiovascular Specialists, 7325 Medical Center Dr Ste 300, West Hills, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ileana M Pat in this video.
Dr. Ileana M Pat is similar to the following 0 Doctors near West Hills, CA.