Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ilene K Weizer has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Women's Health
- Child Birth
- Birth Control
- Pelvic Exam
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Pap Smear
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 35
I first met Dr. Weizer at Women's comprehensive. I wanted a woman doctor who really cares about her patients. When she moved into her own practice, I went with her and I have been very happy with the care I've received. Doctor Weizer is willing to work with me as a patient and has largely supported me as I prefer to make my own informed decisions about my health. I don't feel comfortable with doctors who act superior and want to dictate to me about my health. When I go to doctor Weizer, I feel as though I'm going to see an old friend.
I would love to tell Dr. Weizer - why, YES, I DO have endometriosis. As I asked you & Dr. Xenophon to explore as a possibility for approximately 5 years....as each year from age 30 to 35 passed me - no success getting pregnant, progressively terrible pain/menstrual cycles/heavy bleeding, nights crouched on the floor in agony feeling like my pelvis was exploding, progressively more painful intercourse to where I couldn't even tolerate it at all...I brought all this up - year after year after year. She didn't "feel" anything wrong. I was only given an ultrasound ONCE in that time frame. After a night of agony & terribly heavy bleeding, I had to see Dr. Xenophon who rudely told me - I was exaggerating, all he saw was perhaps that I wasn't ovulating every month, one hormone was slightly low in bloodwork, all women think their pain & blood loss is heavy but it really isn't.....having 2 relatives with endometriosis, I asked both Weizer & Xenophon if that was something they'd please explore. They insisted I couldn't have it because I don't have all the symptoms. Finally, I was done being ignored as my life got so down from the pain. Within one appt at Geisinger, I was heard - listened to - and a pelvic laparoscopy was scheduled for the next month. The findings??? Stage 4 endometriosis! My bladders coated severely with scars from it being left go. So I run the risk of bladder loss down the road because it was so bad, it couldn't be repaired, I have one 60% blocked Fallopian tube from scarring from Endo that THEY refused to look for. The other tube - 100% blocked!!! Can't be repaired. My colon, large intestine & rectum have endometriosis growths. Could it have been prevented??? No...but if they'd listened to me, it could've been treated earlier & not deteriorated to where I'm not infertile, no hopes of having a child now plus damage to my organs that can't be reversed. And they are GYN specialist???? No, not for me they weren't. I diagnosed myself better.
Dr. Weizer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
Drexel University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Hahnemann University Hospital
Dr. Ilene K Weizer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC Keystone Health Plan Central HMO
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ilene K Weizer in this video.
Dr. Ilene K Weizer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pottsville, PA.