Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ilja J Weinrieb
Dr. Ilja J Weinrieb, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Buffalo, NY. He has 47 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Weinrieb is affiliated with Kaleida Health Buffalo General Medical Center. Dr. Weinrieb has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Ilja J Weinrieb has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Ilja J Weinrieb has the following 10 expertise
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Abdominal Pain
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Hepatitis C
Dr. Ilja J Weinrieb has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 22
I had an appt with Dr. Weinrieb to have an EGD done. I waited over 3 HOURS to have my procedure done, and finally left the hospital when a very honest Nurse told me that I still had one more procedure in front of me, that it was going to be at LEAST another hour, and that this is just another normal day for him. He has no consideration for his patients or even attempting to stay on schedule. The Nurse there actually gave me names of other more efficient GI doctors I also waited over an hour just to meet with him for an appt. I almost left then, toi, and I wish I would have. I will never revisit nor reschedule with this Doctor.
A two hour and fifteen minute wait to see this Doctor with an appointment. Pompous, know it all who doesn't physically examine you! He looks over your paperwork, asks some rudimentary questions, makes pronouncements as you try to tell him he isn't hearing you. When told of my symptoms he said "that's impossible, nothing like that ever happens to anyone". He talks of his past patients, how long he's practiced and brags about his mental superiority. He takes phone calls during your visit with him and talks about patients with their names used! This was my worst physician visit ever. Never again.
Doctor is "too busy" to care about his patients. I called because I was having a flare-up and wanted something to help with the pain. Doctor wasn't in that day and I was told he'll call me tomorrow. I waited until 3:30 the next day before calling again. The office staff said he's busy he'll call you this afternoon. Finally received a call, but not from the doctor, was told to go get bloodwork done and a CT. Went Wednesday morning for both tests. Waited until 4pm Thursday, and once again called because I did not hear back about my results. Once again the same dismissive woman answered and claimed they did not have results from the day before. I was told the Dr. would call me after he reviews them that night. It is now the following week and the Dr still has not called. I am now changing Doctors due to being ignored by this Dr and his staff. Very unprofessional.Also, they did not try and get me an earlier appointment. I cannot get in for another month.
Patients' Choice Award (2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Weinrieb is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
47 Years Experience
University At Buffalo State University Of New York School Of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences
Graduated in 1971
Beth Israel Medical Center
Dr. Ilja J Weinrieb accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Independent Health Encompass HMO
- Independent Health FlexFit HMO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsIlja J Weinrieb Md, 1150 Youngs Rd Ste 205, Buffalo, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ilja J Weinrieb in this video.
Dr. Ilja J Weinrieb is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Buffalo, NY.